[10643] [update] ACE 5.8.2

Guest Neo2003

Hello,

This is just an update of ACE. Currently MaNGOS uses version 5.6.6. I updated it to 5.8.2

I post it here because there is a warning about using "this" before initialization of the class, and I am a bit lost since they are Virtual classes (in src/shared/Threading.h).

I patched the sources to remove C4996 warnings which already spam a log the compilation console with current MaNGOS and added the utf-8 fix. Changes are between // MaNGOS changes begin and // MaNGOS changes end.

Tested to work on VC8, VC9 and VC10 with [10602][10605], I need someone to validate it on Linux.

Here are the files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p2381r

Oct. 11th: New version 5.8.2 with Linux and all VC support: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3b2sq7

Oct. 21th: Updated the VC80 and VC90 project files the solution files to reflect 5.8.0 to 5.8.2 changes: http://www.sendspace.com/file/3xndih

Drop the current dep/ACE_wrappers and use the provided one.

Overwrite other files.

Neo2003

Hello,

This is just an update of ACE. Currently MaNGOS uses version 5.6.6. I updated it to 5.8.

I post it here because there is a warning about using "this" before initialization of the class, and I am a bit lost since they are Virtual classes (in src/shared/Threading.h).

Neo2003

I tested this and the warning disappeared

template <class ACE_LOCK, class TYPE>
ACE_Atomic_Op<ACE_LOCK, TYPE>::ACE_Atomic_Op (void)
// : impl_ (this->own_mutex_)
 : impl_ (own_mutex_) 

Hello,

I changed the ACE version, 5.8.2 is really the latest.

I have made the linux part too (tested on Ubuntu 32 bits), changed the way I remove warning 4996 and also removed the warning about ACE_Atomic_Op without altering ACE files. In fact I changed in src/shared/Threading.h:

private:
           ACE_Atomic_Op<ACE_Thread_Mutex, long> m_refs;

Edit: I also used the sources that are in unix format, not MS crlf.

I will upload the new patch as soon as I can (not possible from where I am currently).

Neo2003

I posted cores compiled with the new ace 5.8.2 on Zone emu and Britania, because I have no time (absent for 2 days) I'll watch if I have answers reporting these decos)

Edit : It seems that the problem is solved with ACE 5.8.2. I await confirmation by others.

Confirmed the problem is solved with ACE 5.8.2:lol:

Thank You Neo2003 for working on the one thing that's bugged me for a long time. I have made a fresh pull of rev 10612 then compiled...x86 went perfect no complaints! but x64...well that's another story...

aprox 400 warnings:

*file_mapping = ACE_TEXT_CreateFileMapping (file_handle,

attr,

prot,

(file_handle == ACE_INVALID_HANDLE) ? len : 0,

file_mapping_name);

}

dep\\ACE_wrappers\\ace/OS_NS_sys_mman.inl(110) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'DWORD', possible loss of data

ACE_crc32.cpp

Also there are a boatload of other warnings that are not from your update....I guess x64 builds are still out of the question....

all buggy m8, is not good buggy source to used

ACE 5.8.2 has some serious new bugs and using sources with bugs causes crashes and therefore should be avoided.

why u used this buggy ACE ?

Why does MaNGOS include a new ACE version with bugs that cause crashes?

Debian uses 5.7.7-4 in testing/unstable and since Debian is know for its stability other versions are dangerous. (hope I got that one right)

Lynx3d you have to learn to read between the lines :)

Regards

Skirnir, enjoying an official holiday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use