[BUG] Problems with target-type (22, 7)

Schmoozerd

Mangos Version: 10760

Custom Patches: --

SD2 Version: --

Database Name and Version:--

How it SHOULD work: Spells of this target-type have quite some different behaviour, what they actually should target

How it DOES work: often wrong ;)

A few spells and their description (datas from Spell Work, all are (TARGET_CASTER_COORDINATES, TARGET_AREAEFFECT_INSTANT)

* 802 SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_AURA - positive : this spell should target _one_ nearby bug (currently working)

* 804 SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_AURA - negative : this spell should target also one nearby bug, but atm not working (negative aura - targets enemies)

* 10252 SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_AURA - dummy : this spell should target one npc of (at least) one entry

* 10860 SPELL_EFFECT_INSTAKILL : should target _all_ npcs of one entry

* 12613 SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_AURA - fear : should target _all_ npcs of one entry

* 16807 SPELL_EFFECT_DUMMY : should target _all_ npcs (which are friendly, but might be a well known number of different entries)

* 30425 SPELL_EFFECT_SCRIPT_EFFECT - should target a few npcs of different specified entries

* 28732 SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_AURA (SPELL_AURA_MOD_CASTING_SPEED_NOT_STACK) and SPELL_EFFECT_SCRIPT_EFFECT : should target one npc

* 30571 SPELL_EFFECT_KNOCK_BACK : should target all enemies

* 30572 SPELL_EFFECT_SCRIPT_EFFECT : (likely) all enemies

* 30985 SPELL_EFFECT_DUMMY : should target _all_ npcs of one entry

I think this list is enough to see, that we need a more generic way to support target-finding based on *npc entry and *type, and also that the generic rules depending on friendly or unfriendly spell are not good enough for such AoE spells.

In fact I think the way the targets are to be handled in such a case is similar to the way we handle spells with spell script target. - but as these spells might target _all_ suitable enemies, this will need adjustment - though I think it would enough to act upon some additional provided target information, if there is information provided instead of defineing the need for such information

Edit - example for targeted players added (to emphazise that I think it would be wrong to replace current way it is handled)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use