VC++ 2010 Settings

Guest xarly

Hi,

in VS2010 I changed Optimization to: disabled (/Od) and Inline to: disabled (/Ob0).

Should this make mangos work better, or poorer ? Is there any configuration in VS2010 to make mangos more stable?

and also, my server is w2003 Ent x64, so I compile in x64, but I have heard that x64 is more unstable and can crash more often, it would be better x32?

Thank you!

I tried the Whole Program Optimisation myself, but I didn't notice much of a difference in build time or performance, but I am only running it with 2 people logged in, the performance increase, if any, will probably show itself with higher user counts only.

I did find out that if you want to run mangos on a cpu without SSE2 support you have to disable all SSE support in VS2010, just disabling SSE2 support doesn't work. I have tried this on a Pentium 3 rig, but I assume it works the same on all SSE but non SSE2 cpu's (Pentium 3 and Athlon XP as far as I know). What I would like to know is if mangos will run on even older hardware, I may have to build some even older rigs to find that out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use