ANNOUNCEMENT: Singularity Client for WoW!

Auntie Mangos

So.. Why in heck would anyone, in their right mind, bother with creating an (legally reverse engineered) OS CLIENT for WoW? Well...

One word: Mods.. And not just any mods. I have some serious ideas (that I've been trying to figure out how to actually DO for years), incorporating existing web 2.0/3 type paradigms and existing MMO ideas into this thing (Post-Singularity SF, Second Life, MOO, 3d wysiwyg world building w/o having to script, micro-transactions, in world economy w/ exchangeable currency, real world educational modules to program bots and design their electronics) . Also, not helping is the Blizzard EULA..

Eventually, I want to run a custom server, that is solely connected to with custom clients.

Sound Interesting? Like a pipe dream, maybe? Yeah well...

So, act now, don't delay. Those who contribute the most of kicking this off stand to benefit the most when people start to wanna pay for support and custom modifications.

If you wanna know more, please PM me with your skills, (if you have a resume cool, but it isn't requisite), email, preferably ICQ or AIM but any IM will work (but, please, use meebo or something and sign in https://). Soon I will have a wiki, and a digg-clone for idea submission. Check out the FORUMS (real ones coming soon), and join us for some Meebo Chat (until we can get the irc thing going, of course).

http://freewebs.com/sclient

git://github.com/sclient/singularity-client--wow-.git

AIM: taosk8r

This sounds interesting even if I don't understand all sentences or the sense of it.

PseudoWoW aka. MangosClient has already very good results, making a Client is a very big project but still a bit easier then a Server at least with the WoW related stuff. Most time will take the graphic engine optimization and getting a smooth movement / using models etc. correctly.

Sadly PseudoWoW aka. MangosClient use WoW Material, REALLY interesting would be a Client which dont use ANY Blizzard Material. That would make the whole thing more legal and "Public Mangos Servers" would be also offically allowed since its not related with any Blizzard Material anymore. <- This is probably just a dream anyway, but it would be really awesome when it become some time true cause that would be kinda a own MMORPG.

I look forward to see more of your project soon, you can get Ideas from PseudoWoW aka. MangosClient just the owner of it is currently at the Army (Bundeswehr).

This sounds interesting even if I don't understand all sentences or the sense of it.

PseudoWoW aka. MangosClient has already very good results, making a Client is a very big project but still a bit easier then a Server at least with the WoW related stuff. Most time will take the graphic engine optimization and getting a smooth movement / using models etc. correctly.

Sadly PseudoWoW aka. MangosClient use WoW Material, REALLY interesting would be a Client which dont use ANY Blizzard Material. That would make the whole thing more legal and "Public Mangos Servers" would be also offically allowed since its not related with any Blizzard Material anymore. <- This is probably just a dream anyway, but it would be really awesome when it become some time true cause that would be kinda a own MMORPG.

I look forward to see more of your project soon, you can get Ideas from PseudoWoW aka. MangosClient just the owner of it is currently at the Army (Bundeswehr).

I agree

BTW: PseuWoW is right now in the process to become more "Mod-friendly". Check the forums @ http://www.mangosclient.org

[interesting.. Didn't know such a thing already existed]

[Yeah, I think a completely non blizz content one would be even more legal.. I think this calls for 2 seperate versions already..]

[Good idear, thanks for the info, (*Runs off to google it*)]..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use