Need help whit instance/raid

Auntie Mangos

Hey hum... im trying to start a new live private server and i choosed mangos cause i love mangos,i got every thing i need to start my server but i dont know how to script anything =(

Anyway, my problem is that when i enter an instance or a raid i cant see other people and they cant see any one, i only can see them on the mini map...

+ When i try something like .namego its say "You only can use this command if your not into an instance or the leader of the group" ... something like that =\\

I dont know why, i would like to know =( if you need any more information please tell me and i will do what you say =\\.

(I searched on the forum and around the internet and since im not lonely to have this problem ;) (http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/15499/raids/)

My server :

Using : MySQL, MANGOS

Im in 3.3.5a

My SQL browser is SQLYog.

Thx for helping me.

• 40 years later...
Hey hum... im trying to start a new live private server and i choosed mangos cause i love mangos,i got every thing i need to start my server but i dont know how to script anything =(

Anyway, my problem is that when i enter an instance or a raid i cant see other people and they cant see any one, i only can see them on the mini map...

I have experienced this a couple times before. Make sure your gm is set to off and you are part of that group. Leave the instance and re-enter. This usually fixes the issue. If it does not, you may need to just re-compile a fresh new updated mangos and it should help.

+ When i try something like .namego its say "You only can use this command if your not into an instance or the leader of the group" ... something like that =\\

You need to be group leader for it to work. If you are not part of a group, it should work reguardless.

Its because of Instance system, wich is the clone of the current instance map for current raid (which is all palyers entering instance at one time). If not, its should be a bug in code, then check the source.

Also, there is phase system, wich don't copy current map exactly, but anyway you can't see noone other players. And phase system is not for a map, it's for a part of map. For example, Kalimdor (exactly? one big continent anyway) - is the one big map. In your case instance system is.

Its interesting to create gm command like .gonamewo wich can add gm to current raid and ignores phase system (is .gm on enough for that?).

when i enter an instance or a raid i cant see other people and they cant see any one, i only can see them on the mini map...

Leave the instance and re-enter. This usually fixes the issue.

Confirmed on 10720 + sd2 1863, winxp x86 (no other patches).

Tried with Network.TcpNodelay = 0 and Network.TcpNodelay = 1 but that was just a big guess^^, since switching that didn't make a big difference.

edit: issue doesn't happen often, and from what i've witnessed it's only some players of the group, not the whole group, that's suddenly unvisible upon entry.

Also, got some pc's in lan here from wich one runs server, two are set up for gaming next to eachother: then it shows that on same connection game pc1 sees everybody upon entry, while pc2 misses a few players in sight, or vice-versa (or any other combo offcourse).

So thx for every one help,

Namynnuz :I would try whit a player account next time. Leave instance and re-enter just dont work(whit gm account and .gm off) And when you say recompile.... that mean x)?

Yea im a poor little nub =( ... Can you make a tutorial or give me a video link on how to recompile mangos ?

( i didnt start my mangos from the start... i just took a repack whit only this problem =\\ )

It can be and _valid_ case: when player (not group leader) have persistant binding to instance and group not have yet.

That makes sense because the player that was saved prior will enter 'his' saved dungeon.

But it's different. I seen it on fresh server start where i'm shure that noone was saved/bound to any instance/raid prior. (".instance stats" were all zero when party formed, and ">> Instance numbers remapped, next instance id is 1" upon server startup).

edit: just checked; had 10549 + sd2 1833 before, and iirc it acted the same. Can't recall exactly from wich rev it started to happen though.