AHBot error on Git Bash

Alright, so I did up a server via http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/13121/world-of-warcraft-server-for-windows-installation-guide/ and got that working, then wanted to add in the AHBot. So I Git-Bashed the thing as per the guide there, and then went on to do the recommended check. This is what I get:

$ git apply --check Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

error: patch failed: configure.ac:363

error: configure.ac: patch does not apply

Any ideas on how to fix this? (Tried to search for help, but I guess my search skills aren't all that good)

• 40 years later...

1.) Open the patch file in an editor. Search for the term "src/bindings/universal/Makefile". (This line was removed here [1])

2.) Open the file configure.ac in an editor, too. Search for "src/bindings/Makefile"

Now have a look at 1.) there you see the lines from 2.) plus this " src/bindings/universal/Makefile" line. You have to remove this line from your patch source. But there is more. Patch needs to view three lines around the part where to insert or remove code to make sure that it patches the correct sources. So you have to make sure that the three lines above/below a insert/delete match your lines in your sourcecode (at 2.))

I currently have no code, so I guess:

Your patch file looks like:

### line to force whitspaces!
    src/bindings/Makefile
    src/bindings/universal/Makefile

+    something from ahbot
+
     #blabla
     #blabla
     ]}

The file looks like:

src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist
    src/bindings/Makefile
    #blabla
    #blabla
    ]}

# more comments

now you have to make sure the line patch wants to insert matches your file. Patch should look like:

src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist
    src/bindings/Makefile

+    something from ahbot
+
     #blabla
     #blabla
     ]}

Well that's currently the best explanation I can give you. See what you can make out of it.

In case you can't do anything with that, cut the configure.ac part from you patch file and insert the lines starting with a "+" manually in you source files, or remove the lines starting with a "-". (An empty line counts as a normal line)

hth

Skirnir

[1] https://github.com/mangos/mangos/commit/808059e1c0b254d40f912e2f1f5328e829d97c78#diff-0