[Patch] RockShards

Guest breakwater

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Fix the ScriptEffect of RockShards

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

i don't know

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

me

the rollchance in patch is optional

PATCHFILE

or

diff --git a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
index c80895d..d915c73 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
@@ -6929,6 +6929,28 @@ void Spell::EffectScriptEffect(SpellEffectIndex eff_idx)

return;
                }
+                case 58941:                                 // Rock Shards
+                {
+                    if (unitTarget && m_originalCaster && roll_chance_i(33))
+                    {
+                        for (uint32 i = 0; i < 3; ++i)
+                        {
+                            m_originalCaster->CastSpell(unitTarget, 58689, true);
+                            m_originalCaster->CastSpell(unitTarget, 58692, true);
+                        }
+                        if (m_originalCaster->GetMap()->IsRegularDifficulty())
+                            m_originalCaster->CastSpell(unitTarget, 58695, true);
+                            m_originalCaster->CastSpell(unitTarget, 58696, true);
+                        else
+                            m_originalCaster->CastSpell(unitTarget, 60883, true);
+                            m_originalCaster->CastSpell(unitTarget, 60884, true);
+                    }
+                    return;
+                }
                case 59317:                                 // Teleporting
                {
                    if (!unitTarget || unitTarget->GetTypeId() != TYPEID_PLAYER)

Breakwater

why so many casts, specialy first loop unclear... and 2 damage in same time spell cast

you sure that 2 dummy spell is main spell for difficalties casting and script spell just select one from.

And damage casts is part of this dummy spell code.

I have looked serveral videos from this attack. Acharvon shoot always 6 spikes in your destination, but not all 100 millisecond (therfore the random^^)

3 spikes out of the left hand and 3 spikes out of the right hand. therefore the for first loop

Your are right ,the spikes from the dummy do the damage, but i don't know how i can realize this. and why blizzard make 4 dmg spells (2 nonhero spells(right and left hand) and 2 hero spells (right and left hand). If the dummy make damage, you only need 2 spells, one for hero and the other for nonhero. it not interested which hand make damage.

A good hd video for you

start with giving your thoughts what should happen when:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=58678 (casted by boss, periodic tick spell) target CHAIN_DAMAGE

triggers 58941 (ScriptEffect) target SELF

this spell should trigger some damage spell(s) by chance, approximately 30% - also triggers three times

Dummy spells 58689, 58692 (target TARGET_DYNAMIC_OBJECT_COORDINATES) likely left/ right hand

Damage spells 58695, 58696 (or heroic 60883, 60884) (target TARGET_DYNAMIC_OBJECT_COORDINATES, AoE)

I don't know how the TARGET_DYN_OB_COORDs are working, but either this means that this takes the coords of some other npc, or this is something like 3 yards below and 4 yards behind (don't know)

What you can do to get some good guess what these spells are actually doing, try to cast them to see what their visual effects are, and get them in relation to what is supposed to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have developed an alternative patch for this spell.

Basically there are two dummy spells and two sets of damage spells (for 10 man and 25 man version).

Each dummy spell should cast one of the damage spells on the target.

The dummy spell which should be casted is random, chosen by the script effect. (I don't really understand why there are 2 spells which do the same thing...)

I'm not sure if the spell combination is the right one, but since it's random and the damage spells are identical, I think it will be ok.

Patch file:

http://paste2.org/p/1436903

PS. This has nothing to do with vehicles. The vehicle spell used on this encounter is 58672.

The dummy spell which should be casted is random, chosen by the script effect. (I don't really understand why there are 2 spells which do the same thing...)
It expected targeting 2 different dynamic objects

I think alt. patch also not fully right. First, because cast single rock.

all damage spells have target modes (TARGET_DYNAMIC_OBJECT_COORDINATES/TARGET_ALL_ENEMY_IN_AREA_INSTANT)

with radius 5 --> so spell damage all targets near fall point around in 5 yeards (=melee attack range)

cast targeted to some dynamic object coordinates.

dummy spells have target modes (TARGET_DYNAMIC_OBJECT_COORDINATES,TARGET_RANDOM_NEARBY_DEST)

so select some random points around some dynamic object in radius

Not sure that dynamic object really created for each damage target, but

damage spell must be casted not to target but some point and it will do damage all around this point at 5 yards

dummy spell at cast look like select like point but own cast point in random in 5 yards radius.

script spell expect cast some _single_ selected dummy spells for each rock shoot as suggested early.

or skip possible sometime. Base ay video not allways series shoot. Each scrip cast is many single dummy casts.

I'm not sure of this, but as far as I saw in movies, each tick of the spell drops a set of many rock shards around the target. And as the target moves around the room while the boss channels the spell, there are many rock shards which fall over the target at the same time.

So I think that the dummy spell (which have the visual) are cast many times for the same tick, so we can have many rock shards falling around the target at the same moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use