Newbish Question

I've search the forums but haven't found the answer. I've been playing around with compiling and running a mangos server. I've been able to even learn how to update and recompile the updates. One thing I've noticed with the Mangos databases (ie. character, mangos, realmd), there are no version numbers in the version field. My character db doesn't even have a version field.

I've updated tonite to the 11060 and have applied the sql updates included in mangos without any problems. It just seems strange that it doesn't update the version # in the databases. Am I missing something?

Thanks and wow!

B.

The versions aren't stored directly in the field, but are the field name of the field where you would expect the version to be

characters.character_db_version

Field Name: required_10973_01_characters_game_event_status

FIeld Value: NULL

mangos.db_version

Field Name: required_11058_01_mangos_spell_proc_event

FIeld Value: NULL

now that may not be the MaNGOS revision your running, but only the version of that database required for MaNGOS to run

The actual current MaNGOS version is in ./src/shared/revision_nr.h, I don't believe it is ever stored in the database since the only way to update your version is by update/compile new sources not just updating database

W7-64 ,MVS100 (rus) release w32

1>------ Построение начато: проект: tbb, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------

2>------ Построение начато: проект: genrevision, Конфигурация: Release Win32 ------

1>Построение начато 31.01.2011 20:27:21.

2>Построение начато 31.01.2011 20:27:21.

2>InitializeBuildStatus:

2> Создание ".\\genrevision__Win32_Release\\genrevision.unsuccessfulbuild", так как было задано "AlwaysCreate".

1>InitializeBuildStatus:

1> Создание ".\\tbb__Win32_Release\\tbb.unsuccessfulbuild", так как было задано "AlwaysCreate".

1>CustomBuild:

1> win32-tbb-export.def

1> generating tbb.def file

2>ClCompile:

2> genrevision.cpp

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: непредвиденная ошибка при выполнении задачи "CustomBuild".

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: System.IO.IOException: Процесс не может получить доступ к файлу "c:\\Temp\\253d57febb3f48b1abc247df752fdaaa.cmd", так как этот файл используется другим процессом.

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: в System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: в System.IO.File.Delete(String path)

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: в Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: в Microsoft.Build.CPPTasks.TrackedVCToolTask.Execute()

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: в Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()

1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB4018: в Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

1>

1>СБОЙ построения.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use