I need small help to update the item_template id in the item_instance

Guest crashuncle

Hello Mangos community,

I updated the IDs of my item_template and have to update the IDs of my character database now. If I understood it correctly then I have to update the "character_inventory and item_instance" tables for the player inventory?

Updating the character_inventory table is no problem at all, the item_template column explains itself. The problem is the "item_instance" because it is using a data field which seems to be "variable" if I see it correctly? I only saw that the difference between a item and container yet.

So what I basically need now is a query which can update the item_template IDs in the item_instance. I'm since hours busy with this issue and slowly give up, help would be really appreciated.

I just need the basic query, it doesn't needs to read the ids from the item_template or something because it are only a few values.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use