Bugreport-Addon

AmrasTaralom

the problem with chat is, that it can't be put into the database directly. but i understand that the table `bugreport` in the caracters db is filled directly by blizzards bugreport-addon. this would be the only way to get any info out of the games lua-sandbox. chat can be logged but i don't expect normal users to be able (or willing) to upload their chat log after a session.

I think Patman was trying to say that a bugreport addon could send information to the server via a chat command, which could then be inserted into a report table. Getting users to send chatlogs would certainly cause havoc!

I wasn't aware that Blizzards bug report addon filled this table, is this still the case?

You can use lua APIs:

ReportBug("description")

ReportSuggestion("description")

CMSG_BUG struct (same as in master branch):

uint32 type; // 0, 1 - bug or suggestion
uint32 data_len;
string data; // some additional data, like map, character, system info, coords, zone, auras etc...
uint32 desc_len;
string desc; // description given by user

You can use lua APIs:

ReportBug("description")

ReportSuggestion("description")

CMSG_BUG struct (same as in master branch):

uint32 type; // 0, 1 - bug or suggestion
uint32 data_len;
string data; // some additional data, like map, character, system info, coords, zone, auras etc...
uint32 desc_len;
string desc; // description given by user

Ah, didn't know about these. I couldn't find a list of lua functions. It is listed here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/bots-programs/memory-editing/218774-wow-3-0-9-info-lua-callbacks.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use