Cant update DB

Hello, i am in need of some help

Ive compiled mangos, extracted maps and dbc, and set up de SQL DB correctly.

But when i try to run mangos, it says that my DB its outdated, ive tryed updating it wiht no succes, none of the scripts can be executed correctly.

Here is whats happening

mysqulerror.png

Thanks,

Pedro

The message says that you run the update from 10156_01 to 10156_02, but your char DB wasnt at version 10156_01. Simplify said you tried to run the wrong update file. Check the "db_version" table in your character DB for find out the actual DB version and maybe needed update.

Ok thanks, i was trying to apply all the updates, thinking i needed them all, but i realised i needed only 11312_01_mangos_mangos_string.sql

Heres how i figgure it out =P sorry for being fool

You have: --> `11234_01_mangos_command.sql`

You need: --> `11312_01_mangos_mangos_string.sql`

Well, but now im having another problem,

It says that it cant find the correct maps, but i am shure the path is ok, and the maps and DBCs are there.

PD: Thank you Cyberfreak!

I think there are some huge problems in your mangos database, it would be the best to drop an recreate it. First the big sql file from YTDB R59, then the "corepatch_mangos" and "mangos_FIX" files from the subfolder "updates" and at least from the mangos git, in the "\\mangos\\sql\\updates\\" folder, the "11312_01_mangos_mangos_string.sql".

I dont have any file named "corepatch_mangos" or "mangos_FIX" on my "sql/updates/" folder, neither on any of its subfolders. Where can i get them?

Another thing, Shouldn't i apply first the "create_mysql.sql", "characters.sql", "realmd.sql" and "mangos.sql"?? before applying any other sql script??

The corepatch and mangos_fix files are at "\\YTDB source folder from SVN\\R59\\Updates\\". The SVN url for a full download is http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/ytdbase

The "primary SQL files" from mangos git are only "information files" for database developer, they teach them the structure of database, without any in-game content. This structure is already implemented in any content database (UDB, YTDB,...).

From mangos git, you only need the last update files between the end of the content database, e.g. 11310_01 at YTDB R59 with the 592 update, up to your core version.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use