Just to make sure I got this rigth

• 41 years later...

Hi Everyone,

What a great project, and seems like a pretty active community too which is great.

So I followed the instructions on the how-to and everything worked great. Then I tried to install the MaNGOS Enhanced and Armory which seem to work pretty good, with a few bugs. I would like to get the AHBOT up and running, but from what I understand the developers are working on other projects. (If someone would like to give me a clue on where to look, I would be happy to venture down that street myself)

ANYWAYS. My real reason for this post is just to clarify a few things.

Install and Updating the DBs.

For ScriptDev2 - When you update the SVN folder, and install it for the first time, the db_version is marked For MaNGOS 11167+. So I'm assuming this is the highest very you can go right?

For MaNGOS db - When you update from 393, that places you in "Reguired 10537_01_mangos_command

For Characters db - this places you at "required_11299_02_character_pet_arura"

for Realmd db - this places you at "required_10008_01_realmd_remlmd_db_version

Now Realmd doesn't require any updates... so I'll leave that there.

However MaNGOS and Characters require ALOT. Or from what I see.

But I'll start with ScriptDev2, when you go to C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\sql\\updates there is a TON of updates here, but I'm assuming since ScriptDev2 is fully up-to-date none of these are required. Right?

Now with MaNGOS when you go to C:\\Mangos\\sql\\updates there is about 30+ updates, and since I am at 10537_ I would start with "10551_01_mangos_spell_proc_event.sql" and go from there right?

The same thing with Characters right?

But now what do I do with the "394_corepatch_mangos_10546_to_10720.sql" ? OR if I update the db with this, then I can skip updates "10551_01_mangos_spell_proc_event.sql" and move onto 10720++

Sorry for the long winded thread, I'm just making sure that I update the db, because when I logged in the last time after installing MaNGOS web Enhanced and Armory, no mods, or NPc Appeared. So I'm assuming it's a db thing...

First, run the Full DB that is in a zip.

Then you want to run all the update packs in Updates / 0.12.1_additions, starting with 394_corepatch_mangos_10546_to_10720.sql and 394_updatepack_mangos.sql (393 is already in the FullDB) and continuing to 400_updatepack_mangos.sql, always the corepatch first then the updatepack for each update number (394 corepatch, 394 updatepack, 395 corepatch, 395 updatepack, etc)

If you used character.sql included with mangos source, skip all the XXX_corepatch_characters_XXXXX_to_XXXXX.sql patches.

From there run any updates from the last corepatch_mangos (399, which has updates up to mangos revision 11242) to the latest update in mangos source / sql / updates.

Sorry there isn't any clear instructions on installing UDB anywhere.