[Help] Custom Commands?/.home

• 41 years later...

hi.

now my question is how to make custom commands?

example of what i want to do is ...

when ordinary player [GM level 0] enters .home

to be teleported to the stormwind [alliance] or orgrimmar [Horde] i know there is somtehing with c++ editing and scripting but what exactly? i find in the mangos source in game/Chat commands/ and than Level0-3? what i have to do with that?

i use Rev. 10615

DB: YTDB 0.13.9

Basic knowledge of C + + available!

if someone can help i'd appreciate.

Greetz and thanks Hugo

See how the command itself is implemented, then find a way to duplicate part of the implementation (or modify it).

.tele -> Level1.cpp -> ChatHandler::HandleTeleCommand -> extractGameTeleFromLink -> Chat.cpp -> return objmgr.GetGameTele() -> ObjectMgr.cpp -> ObjectMgr::GetGameTele -> ...

or did I miss something?

i want to made an .home command wehre alliance go to stormwind and horde go to orgrimmar. i copy the tele command from Level1 to level0 and add replace all tele with home (wrong? right?) now i want to tell mangos when race not an alli race then get x y z orgrimmar location when alliance race than teleport to stormwind location... can anyone please help me what i have to change more?

You have to add a command in chat.cpp static ChatCommand commandTable[] first. In your command code, you can try use a switch case to determine player race. I think there is many example on how to determine player race inside mangos source code, you can look at it first.