[patch] Implement spell 45474 - Ragefist's Torch

Guest dpedroia15

* What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Implements Dummy Effect for spell 45474

* For which repository revision was the patch created?

* Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

No.

* Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

Me!

diff --git a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
index f0827d9..870ce22 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
@@ -1193,6 +1193,7 @@ void Spell::EffectDummy(SpellEffectIndex eff_idx)
                    return;
                }
                case 32146:                                 // Liquid Fire
+                case 45474:                                 // Ragefist's Torch
                {
                    if (!unitTarget || unitTarget->GetTypeId() != TYPEID_UNIT || m_caster->GetTypeId() != TYPEID_PLAYER)
                        return;

As far as I can tell, this is not correct. Using Google, I found info that shows the corpses will burn (some aura) for about 30 seconds before despawning.

You also need to take spell 45713 (and related gossip for another quest) in to consideration, or you may end up with some funky side effects when more than one player is doing quests related to these guys.

Furthermore, you attempt to

((Player*)m_caster)->KilledMonsterCredit(unitTarget->GetEntry(), unitTarget->GetObjectGuid());

which will only work for one of the expected targets. You would need to use data from creature_template.KillCreditN to make this work properly.

Sadly, i have not found the burning aura yet, but this patch is rejected in any case, based on the above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use