Fresh Mangos Source with Custom Patches

Auntie Mangos

Usually you just have to pull a remote branch into your source directory. From your source root (i.e. folder with dep, doc, sql, src, etc in it)

git pull git://github.com/someguy/mangos.git some_branch

(you can find a list of branches here http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/4404/interesting-git-branches/)

If there's errors, post in the thread for the patch.

• 41 years later...

Greetings everyone,

(1st post hehe ;))

I know mangos for a good time but only now I decided to adventure on server compiling. I´ve read the wiki, and the FAQ Post but I still have some difficult with the GIT, especially when trying to import a custom patch to a fresh mangos source.

The problem is most of the custom patches already comes with the server do compile and use it. But if I´d like to use more than one custom code? Like for example the AucionhouseBot and the PlayerBot with mmaps redux?

Could someone explain me how to apply (or integrate) those patches into the clean mangos source folder?

Thanks for the help and my regards to all the community.

Depending to their function and even the operating system, different patches must be integrated on different ways. Through this, there is no unitary way to install any patch. In case of doubt you need to ask the author of specific patch for an (alternate) install guide.