Multiple Realms with cmake (how to compile a new realm executable)

Guest LotrC

Hi, I have a problem with creating realm executable for more then one realm.

There is an obsolete "guide" which explains step by step what to do when you want create an extra realm executable

http://getmangos.eu/wiki/Hosting_Multiple_Realms_in_Ubuntu

unfortunately this guide was written before mangos used cmake for compilation.

I tried to find and edit files on current revisions according to informations from this obsolete guide, but I wasnt very successful :(

So I would like to ask here for help, maybe somebody is familiar with this problem and can update the guide or write here some information what to do (which files need to be edited and how) to get successfuly compiled new realm executable for new realm.

Thanks in advance, any help is welcome...

IMHO that article is rather horrible...

I don't really see any reason to have multiple binaries for multiple realms that only differ in configuration, should be possible to just run mangosd with -c option to use different config files.

Just need to be careful to not mix up the running processes ^^

If you want to use different sources, the PREFIX is obviously the right choice, as asumos suggested.

Thanks alot...

Originaly I just made a copy to another folder, you can do that on windows but on linux it didnt work ... unfortunately after that I forgot to try to compile it with another prefix and instead of this I looked on internet "how to do it" and I found that missleading wiki article...

with another prefix it works perfectly... thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use