Writing a minimalistic server for vanilla WoW

Guest bravsein

Hello!

This is about a personal project I've been longing to do for some time now. Since a while now I have stopped playing WoW, but as I'm quite experienced in C++ I thought I'd try the following:

Write a minimalistic server for vanilla WoW for experimental, personal purposes

All it would feature is being able to login with a fixed character, and being able to travel around in the standard maps (non-instance; Kalimdor, eastern kingdoms, etc.)

I also don't want to use / modify Mangos in this case, as this would be all about the development process and trying it on my own

My questions to you:

• Is the above a realistic objective?
  • How much work would such a project require? (Boilerplate code excluded, just the basic stuff to make the client "happy")
  • Do you have any other recommendations for me regarding this?

I dont think this is a one-man job, i mean just look at mangos, lets say that mangos one and zero aint even close to "done" (blizzlike) and they have been developed for awhile now, with over a million lines of code(with libraries) i dont think its a one-man job... Please contribute to mangos instead :))

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use