Orientation up to date?

• 41 years later...

Hi,

I have a question about code.

With this spell 63274 the npc turn to scriptTarget (dummy npc) Now the damage trigger spell 63293 with target TARGET_IN_FRONT_OF_CASTER_30 makes shoots into the direction of dummy npc. The other visual dummy effects 63300, 63297 and 64042 makes shoots against the aggro target. I check(with ".gps") the orientation of npc during the channel of this spell and i saw, that the orientation is not up-to-date. But if the orientation is not up-to-date, why the damage trigger spell shoot into the right direction auf dummy npc???

I hope someone has an solution for this problem

orientation is something else than visual effect..

you need to add to the spell that is triggered (every 200ms or so) some setOrientation codes- if this spell is the spell from devourer of souls, you actually need to send movement messages with SPLINETYPE_FACINGANGLE and additionally need to setOrientation

Actually I don't know what the scriptTarget(effect0) is used for, this would be a slightly new case for me from first looks

The script Target is for the spell, that the caster looks in direction to dummy npc(the caster align to dummy npc). If the dummy npc move. The caster will follow, to shoot in the direction where the dummy npc is.

The spells are from vx001, the second boss in mimiron encouter(the cannon)

spellname: P3Wx2 Laser Barrage

sry for no links into my first post.

I doubt this very much..

IF I understand it correctly, the spells work on two npcs and both firing their laser-salves around, so I guess the spell_script_target is no dummy npc, but the other npc triggering the laser salves..

(Reason: Neither Devourer, CThun nor Lurker use any dummy npc)