Collision problem

• 41 years later...

Hello!

I was playing as a warrior on my server and when I use the charge ability and the target is at a lower height than me I fall through the ground texture. I either end up at a place what is underneath it or just simply fall out of the world and die. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Yea you can simply extract Vmaps. I need to ask you a question first. Do you compile your server by your own?

If yes go to your mangos dir select contrib dir and dtere you can see vmap_assembler_v3 or something like this. Open it a run makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat it will create 2 folders. Vmaps and Buildings

Copy Vmaps to your server and open mangosd.conf

There you need to edit line EnableLoS from 0 to 1 and Getheight from 0 to 1 too. After this start your server and try to charge.

If no, and you have only downloaded repack wisp me on skype jakubmacaj and i will send you extractors.

I don't think enabling the vmaps is the problem here, core demands them by default now anyway...

The problem is not really vmaps related at all, rather a logic problem how to select a proper height on very uneven terrain without screwing up in some other way.

Best way to solve it would be proper path finding of course, but that's not available yet, though you may find faramir's mmaps repo useful.

• 1 month later...