[Question]Rest in game

Klain

Let's start

First, thank all of the effort involved in making Mangos and answer questions from newbies like me.

Secondly, I wonder how I can increase the rate of rest in the game about 3200% (in half an hour would have the experience bar of a level completly fills) I have use the mangosd.conf But it dont work, may be a code limitation?

It might be a stupid idea, but I would like to enhance the players would use some of their time together in the pub and chat.

Sorry, i have a mistake.

If in 8 hours the character have a 5% of the level, in 160 hours the character would have the 100% and if i need that in 0.5h the character will have the 100%, it would be necesary have 32000% more (320 in mangos config.)

I have tried but, the xp bar dont rise blue... T_T

• 3 months later...
Rate.XP.Kill = 1

Rate.XP.Quest = 1

Rate.XP.Explore = 1

Rate.Rest.InGame = 1

Rate.Rest.Offline.InTavernOrCity = 1

Rate.Rest.Offline.InWilderness = 1

Correct, for your purposes you want to set thee rate.rest values (all 3 of them) to 320. This is a float value, it's value is not capped to a minimum or maximum anywhere.

If that doesn't work, try modifying the rate.xp values to 2, basically the same thing.

Also make sure you're editing the mangosd.conf file in your mangos directory and not mangosd.conf.dist.in or anything like that.

Rate.XP.Kill = 1

Rate.XP.Quest = 1

Rate.XP.Explore = 1

Rate.Rest.InGame = 1

Rate.Rest.Offline.InTavernOrCity = 1

Rate.Rest.Offline.InWilderness = 1

Correct, for your purposes you want to set thee rate.rest values (all 3 of them) to 320. This is a float value, it's value is not capped to a minimum or maximum anywhere.

If that doesn't work, try modifying the rate.xp values to 2, basically the same thing.

Also make sure you're editing the mangosd.conf file in your mangos directory and not mangosd.conf.dist.in or anything like that.

Very good explanation. But to clearify it even more it should look like this to do what he wants it to do

Rate.Rest.InGame = 1

I think there can be no more questions about this now.

I'm sorry, but it dont works.

The rest offline works fine, but not in game, and my idea is to "force" players to spend time together at the tavern.

Some one can try it and post that works?

I think no one is willing to assist you further with this, because mangos does not support public servers (and focus to replicate blizzard completely) Anyways, it should work with that restrate increase, maby you need to relog after awhile resting, try that

- LilleCarl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use