RE "New Map Format"

Guest lillecarl

Sorry if i might be posting in the wrong section, but im really curious about this wiki post i found here: http://getmangos.eu/wiki/New_Map_Format

I would basically want to know if it is possible, what the benefits would be, and if it also would be able to add "MMAPS" lateron

The only thing i could imagine is better with this is the storage, the overall file size would be smaller and then it would take less RAM while loaded, and on a blizzlike server (as mangos is indended to be)(But also not made for public servers (doh)) Then almost all maps/vmaps/mmaps would be loaded since there are people everywhere, so it would give a pretty big performance impact i think? Because i guess some variables would be stored twice (as it is right now)

Im not sure tho, just brainstorming (im to bad at programming to see what the real pros/cons really would be (Doh)

- LilleCarl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use