Importing characters from Mangos Zero to Mangos One

I built my first mangos server recently, and I decided to go with Mangos Zero due to my nostalgia for vanilla. However, like usual, things aren't quite as good as I remembered, and I want to upgrade to Mangos One. I'll build the new server from scratch, but I was wondering what it would take to import my characters from mangos zero into the new mangos one DB? Is there any special patching/updating procedure?

I think you need to manually "sync" the structure, i think there are no "easy way of updating" if you need further assistance i might be able to help you out

I dont know how the structure on zero is at all, but lets say i think they are pretty equal and easy to change, but no there are no "easy way"

- LilleCarl

I think you need to manually "sync" the structure, i think there are no "easy way of updating" if you need further assistance i might be able to help you out

I dont know how the structure on zero is at all, but lets say i think they are pretty equal and easy to change, but no there are no "easy way"

- LilleCarl

Well, none of us are very high level anyways. If there's not a simple/straightforward process for importing characters between the two, I'll probably just keep everything fresh and we'll reroll. Which is part of why I want to do this upgrade now instead of after we've all hit level 60. Anyways, thanks for the quick response.

- LilleCarl

Well, none of us are very high level anyways. If there's not a simple/straightforward process for importing characters between the two, I'll probably just keep everything fresh and we'll reroll. Which is part of why I want to do this upgrade now instead of after we've all hit level 60. Anyways, thanks for the quick response.

Well, if you want to you can dump the character sql and send it to me and i can (probably) convert it ;) (If you dont have any sensitive info in the char database)

- LilleCarl

- LilleCarl

Well, if you want to you can dump the character sql and send it to me and i can (probably) convert it ;) (If you dont have any sensitive info in the char database)

- LilleCarl

I would definitely appreciate you taking a crack at it for me. I was able to convert the realmd database easily enough, but all the data in the characters db seems a bit over my head.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81QHZ0NK

Wierd, they should be there look in the characters_inventory :P They are there :S The areas might be harder, but thats not a big part right?

While present in the database initially, upon logging the character in, their inventories are empty (both in the DB and in game).

Hmm, do they reset each time the server is restarted or what? :S

Nope, just the initial login. Past that (even after server restart), the items remain in the database/inventory properly. On first connecting to the world and reaching character select, you can see the character with the appropriate items. But when you log them in for the first time, they're naked and have nothing in their backpacks (and the character_inventory table is cleared of items related to that character's guid).

Strange, well it it ok as it is atm? :D

- LilleCarl

Yep. Levelling my paladin, killing some murlocs. Just took a couple minutes to give myself gm powers and give my items back (using my mangos zero character DB to determine what I had).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use