Mangos Zero compilation and setup on Linux [debian/ubuntu]

• 41 years later...

Hi guys,

Well Im really sorry to be one of those mindless leaching posters begging for help but i really do need assistance..

Now i've got a linux box VPS on which i can have debian or ubuntu.

I need to have a runing 1.12 server on it for my MA thesis.

Im not that good with linux - i mean i'm ok with it, not to proficient tho.

The problem is that there is no complete and up to date tutorial available on the internet to guide me through. So I did find a MangosZero git repo and attempted to download and compite it - and i couldnt.

I get stuck at the point where i have to download the SD2 and patch the git with some patch.

IF anyone of you would be so kind as to reply or contact me and maybe together we could get this thing running..

and i desperatelly need this fixed coz i cant finish my MAthesis w/o it..

the git im using:

https://github.com/mangos/zero

Please assist

1. Download mangos-zero server from https://github.com/mangos-zero/server either by using github download feature or by cloning with git,
  2. Download mangos-zero scriptdev0 from https://github.com/mangos-zero/scriptdev0 either by using github download feature or by cloning with git and put it into mangos-zero/server/src/bindings, edit src/bindings/CMakeLists.txt, add "add_subdirectory(scriptdev0)" as last line,
  3. Download mangos-zero database from https://github.com/mangos-zero/database either by using githubs download feature or by cloning with git,
  4. Install the mangos-zero database by using the mysql_import script, of course edit mysql_info before with your database configuration.

Once that is done, you need a working 1.12.1/1.12.2 client installation before you can proceed.

@TheLuda

HI :)

I guess u know me already :) Anyways, thanks for the "tut" hopefully this "essential" info will help me succeed in my fight with linux and its friends.

@Schmoozerd

The subectline goes somewhat like this:

"Foreign language acquisition and revision while playing commercial computer games. The scaffolding."

ok guys i need some help..

at "make" - compilation part of the mangos server i get an error:

[== C++ ==]
[  0%] Performing build step for 'TBB_Project' /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../libdl.so when searching for -ldl /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../libdl.a when searching for -ldl /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/bin/../lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[4]: *** [libtbb_debug.so.2] Error 1 make[3]: *** [tbb] Error 2 make[2]: *** [dep/tbb/TBB_Project-prefix/src/TBB_Project-stamp/TBB_Project-build] Error 2 make[1]: *** [dep/tbb/CMakeFiles/TBB_Project.dir/all] Error 2 make: *** [all] Error 2

I've got a Deb5 but i can easily reimage to Deb6 or if u want Ubuntu 10 or 11 x86...

I actually tried following this one here:

http://getmangos.eu/wiki/Compile_MaNGOS_On_Ubuntu for most recent mangos release and this is the compile I get the error at.

Now created a new dir and am trying to follow TheLuda's tut..

Im getting desperate - 3rd day of trying :(

--EDIT

had the same error on mangos0 so tried with the conf parameter and it seems to be compiling now.

Will update once finished or error encountered

--EDIT2

@TheLuda

Can you please tell me, once im done with the compilation what exactly should i do?? - ok i think i pinned that down

How do i import the sqls? Thru a db client soft or is there a comand in linux? - ok i think i pinned that down

And once data imported to db can i launch the server then or is there something i need to do more? - ok i think i pinned that down

Will let u know once done

On Debian you should be able to install the mysql-server and mysql-client packages. With server and client installed, you can use the mysql_import script from the mangos-zero database repository.

You will need to create a user and privileges for that user previously. An example of that can be found in the server sources under sql/create_mangos.sql.

Hey Luda..,

so i almost managed to compile the source.. the "make" thing went flawlessly once i used your prefix but

the "make install" gives me the following output

Install the project... -- Install configuration: "Release" -- Installing: /opt/mangos0/lib/libmangosscript.so CMake Error at src/bindings/scriptdev0/cmake_install.cmake:44 (FILE):   file INSTALL cannot copy file   "/root/mangos0/server/build/src/bindings/scriptdev0/libmangosscript.so" to   "/opt/mangos0/lib/libmangosscript.so". Call Stack (most recent call first):   src/bindings/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)   src/cmake_install.cmake:37 (INCLUDE)   cmake_install.cmake:38 (INCLUDE)

EDIT:

I've actually attempted to copy it manually but it says that the folder is read only :/

So what do i do?

sorry not to edit - need to bump for TheLuda to see...

so this is what i get after my 4th day attempt:

[== run ==]
Loading Page Texts... [0 ms] SQL: SELECT MAX(entry) FROM page_text [0 ms] SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM page_text [0 ms] SQL: SELECT * FROM page_text [**************************************************] 100% >> Loaded 1431 page texts  Loading Game Object Templates... [0 ms] SQL: SELECT MAX(entry) FROM gameobject_template [0 ms] SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM gameobject_template [1 ms] SQL: SELECT * FROM gameobject_template Error in gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 34 fields in sql).

OMG TheLuda i just created an acc from console and it let me in!!

Great will try to creat a char now!

EDIT:

Well, TheLuda u are the boss! Thanks for all your help :)

Once im done with my MAThesis will let u know :)

Again thanks for the support :)

BTW, u know any way to add some functionality like playerobot or AHbot?

• 2 weeks later...

You can install pre-build ACE and TBB (e.g. with apt-get etc., and don't forget development files), and configure with ACE_USE_EXTERNAL=1 and TBB_USE_EXTERNAL=1.

PCH means precompiled headers, that's nothing you can install, it's just a compilation option.

That should reduce build times considerably...