Meaning of bounding_radius

Guest breakwater

Hi,

I hope someone can me with this question.

What is the Meaning of bounding_radius

Some facts:

~97% of boundingsradius are lower or equals then 2

bounding radius is use from mangos, but I think nobody knows the ->real<- Meaning

the bounding_radius are direct from offical

There are some mobs with big movement problems because of bounding_radius (Examples: A lot of Golems-Mobs, Maexxna, Supremus, Guardian of Icecrown)

Maybe someone can help mangos with a good answer.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have make a big mistake, it was late and i have change combatreach, but the meaning of combatreach is clear.

I have change me core to thisone. Boundingradius has a max value of 2. I hope that helps against wrong movement

void Unit::UpdateModelData() {
    if (CreatureModelInfo const* modelInfo = sObjectMgr.GetCreatureModelInfo(GetDisplayId()))
    {
        // we expect values in database to be relative to scale = 1.0
        SetFloatValue(UNIT_FIELD_BOUNDINGRADIUS, GetObjectScale() * modelInfo->bounding_radius < 2.0f ? GetObjectScale() * modelInfo->bounding_radius : 2.0f);
         // never actually update combat_reach for player, it's always the same. Below player case is for initialization
        if (GetTypeId() == TYPEID_PLAYER)
            SetFloatValue(UNIT_FIELD_COMBATREACH, 1.5f);
        else             SetFloatValue(UNIT_FIELD_COMBATREACH, GetObjectScale() * modelInfo->combat_reach);
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use