In game GM addon

Guest Mastermind007

I have been looking for an ingame addon something like GM Helper that works with Mangos and 3.3.5a client.

After a fair amount of searching I wasn't able to find one so I started looking at modifying an older version of GMH. It looks pretty simple. I managed to get a few of the teleport buttons working but before I put a lot of time into it I want to ask if someone has done this or if there is something like it already?

If not I will continue working on this and of course share when I am finished.

Thanks

I did give MangAdmin a try but could not fine one that worked fully. The project at code.google.com/p/mangadmin/ was last updated in 2009 and did not function at all. I found another that someone was trying to get updated to work with the 3.3.5a client but the NPC and Objects tabs are not working.

Is there a fully functional version floating around that I have not found?

Thanks

Not to my knowledge. I really like MangAdmin, too. It's a shame that it's fallen into obscurity. :(

You might try looking around for a current working GM addon for Trinity and then porting it, but you may just be better off updating MangAdmin.

WoW Addon Studio, from the same Visual Studio devs at Microsoft, may be a helpful tool for such a task. It's open source, so you can grab the source code and tinker with it. You may find something better, but here you go:

http://addonstudio.codeplex.com/ <---- Original site, this version was the last official release. Support added for WoTLK, but reported not to work with 3.3.5a.

http://www.wowwiki.com/AddOn_Studio_2010 <---- Fan update. Some attempts to fix bugs and add new features. Support for Cataclysm added.

Hello UnkleNuke,

Thanks for the links I will check them out. I am also looking into MangAdmin a little more to see if it would be easier to get it up-to-date than porting something that was designed for another EMU.

I , as I am sure most other admins, can do the console command line thing it just takes time and I am not the worlds fastest typist or the most accurate and to type a command and then type it again cause I typo'ed half of it in frustrating.

One way or another I will get something working for an ingame addon on and post the finished product for all to enjoy.

I'll be cheering you on while eagerly awaiting your first release! There are a great many small server admins that will love you for bringing back some sort of add-on GUI to make life easier for them. A lot of the big servers, that have the whole web CRM server as well, tend to use a PHP frontend for remotely managing their server and doing GM stuff. The rest of us would just like to putter around with friends and be able to handle admin tasks without too much interruption to playing around in our private world.

Besides, the great benefit to using a GUI add-on inside the game means you can take a "hands-on" approach when encountering broken content, which is a much more interesting way of learning things than just reading GM tickets.

Speaking of tickets, I recommend saving that one for last when you do your update. Handling those from within MangAdmin was always the most complex part of the add-on and that feature was usually broken half the time. Much of the rest is usually just updating spell IDs, item IDs, teleport locations, and changes in the commands syntax.

• 1 month later...
Is there a fully functional version floating around that I have not found?

AFAIK, no. I'm not a skilled Lua programmer, but after some lurkin' in the MangAdmin code I did have strong impression that it should be almost rewritten from scratch to work properly. Just refactoring it probably ain't be enough.

http://www.wowwiki.com/AddOn_Studio_2010 <---- Fan update. Some attempts to fix bugs and add new features. Support for Cataclysm added.

Looks like fallenworlds.org (where file was hosted) is down. Google don't bring last version of ASWoW, only 3.0.20110310.

Does anyone have AsWoW 3.0.10904.0?

Thanks UnkleNuke and unhappy_troll for the links.

Got a little side tracked with real life stuff so development has been slow but I did manage to get some things working like ports, quests and items (sort of). I agree that what this needs is a rewrite from the ground up instead of piecing it together. Hopefully once the holiday season here in the U.S. passes I will have more time to devote to this.

Actually, that last version of WoW UI Designer (wowuides) is 1.1.110 beta 20, released November 20, 2010. You can download it by clicking the download link near the upper-right corner of that page you linked to, unhappy_troll.

Here's a direct link if you're feeling lazy... wowuides_1_1_110.zip

I would read the comments section on their project page and the FAQ. You'll find some valuable information on working around bugs and keeping up with Lua changes in the client.

Don't forget the Developer Utilities page at WoWInterface. There are many more items you can add to your toolbox than just WoW Addon Studio and WoW UI Designer. Some are updated for Cataclysm, so be careful and make sure you grab the archived versions for Wrath instead.

• 2 months later...

The AddOn Studio 2010 download link is back, the hosted server is now up again, which is fallenworlds.net.

Since the actual download link can change at any time, I suggest using the wowwiki page to download. (Due to fending off the Chinese, South Asian bot downloads, they burn a ton of bandwidth :) )

http://www.wowwiki.com/AddOn_Studio_2010

There is a new version pending, coming out in the next few days. Anything I can do let me know. :)

- Celess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use