vmap.ignoreMapIds

• 41 years later...

Seems vmap.ignoreMapIds is gone from the config files. Has the option been moved somewhere else or removed for good? If so, is there any other way to disable vmaps for certain maps?

LE: Found that it was disabled in https://github.com/mangos-one/server/commit/0b5173da081655f30a1ac107a719158d05c59a88.

Can someone explain why the option was removed?

And if it's a good idea if i revert that patch for the latest One rev.

Was thinking of disabling them on world for better performance, or is that not an issue anymore with v3?

Yeah, but you're letting players and creatures cast spells through walls. Is that really something you want to enable just for the extra 0.3% or whatever negligible amount of CPU?

Not to mention it's also really important for ground height calculations in some places...

I'm asking because from my past experience the cpu load increase was nowhere near 0.3%, with vmaps enabled for azeroth the server would lag massively (dual-core with 4gb ram). But that was during the v1 of the vmaps so that's what i want to know: was the option removed because the new version is drastically optimised and has a way better performance or was it because another reason? The notes on the commit aren't very clear. Thanks.

I'm asking because from my past experience the cpu load increase was nowhere near 0.3%, with vmaps enabled for azeroth the server would lag massively (dual-core with 4gb ram). But that was during the v1 of the vmaps so that's what i want to know: was the option removed because the new version is drastically optimised and has a way better performance or was it because another reason? The notes on the commit aren't very clear. Thanks.

vmaps 3 is way faster then vmaps1 i suppose, i have always been using vmaps on all my servers ive had and there has never been any lag. I dont even know when vmaps1 extisted tho. When i first got introduced to it it was vmaps2. Just use it all around the world and test? If it lags then just disable it completely until you have reverted the commit that removed that config entry. Big deal really? Test and see.