Fail to load events, I think its someting with the databases?

First of all, I want to say Hello! (I'm new here)

I've been following two guides on this community and everything works fine, play etc. but events don't work! I've been trying for days!

Ive been following this two guides, ive done everything over and over about 10 times, still the same problem.

http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/7318/guide-mangos-windows-setup/

and

http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/13121/world-of-warcraft-server-for-windows-installation-guide/

Here is my DBSErrors.log:

2011-12-08 00:50:57 Spell (id: 33824) have SPELL_EFFECT_QUEST_COMPLETE for quest 10162 , but quest does not have SpecialFlags QUEST_SPECIAL_FLAG_EXPLORATION_OR_EVENT (2) set. Quest SpecialFlags should be corrected to enable this objective.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 224002 Action 2 param1 references non-existing entry (-47) in texts table.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 224104 Action 2 param1 references non-existing entry (-47) in texts table.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 224203 Action 2 param1 references non-existing entry (-47) in texts table.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 225201 Action 1 param1 references non-existing entry (-359) in texts table.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 225201 Action 1 param2 references non-existing entry (-360) in texts table.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 225201 Action 1 param3 references non-existing entry (-361) in texts table.

2011-12-08 00:51:14 CreatureEventAI: Event 225301 Action 1 param1 references non-existing entry (-359) in texts table.

This text continue for about 100 more rows, but since it's the same message all the way down, no need to post the whole log.

I've been trying to fix this myself, searching on ACID, UDB and ScriptDev2 forums, also alot here. But I can't find any solution so you're my last hope.

As I said, ive done everything from scratch over and over again, here is some things I've tried:

- I tried to run the ACID.sql from version 3.0.5 up to 3.0.9, tried them all but still the same error.

- I've used the UDB update for mangos database, including the ones in the mangos source.

- I've updated all the databases as the guide says, I even updated the ScriptDev2 database from a guide on their forum (worth a try)

- I've tried two diffrent versions of MySQL, still the same.

- I've compiled with both VS10 and VS08, still the same.

- I even tried to edit some of the tables in the mangos database, but that messed it up even more :P.

- I've been compiling on both Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server R2.

- I've opend all the .sql update files with notepad/notepad ++ then copy it into SQLYog and I've tried to import them all via the import wizard for each database.

- I've been trying to host it on my normal PC (Win 7), and on my dedicated server (Win server)

- I've compiled both x32 and x64 with 0 errors, still the same problem on both.

Well, thats what I've tried those days, now I'm all yours, I CAN'T FIX THIS!! :P

As I said, the server is working, you can play etc. but 0 events are working, tried alot of dungeouns and instances, but they just won't work. You can't continue on to boss nr 1, boss nr 2 etc.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Blixmo

• 41 years later...

I suggest to use the UDB 0.12 full release from https://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unifieddb/trunk/Full_DB/

and then install the corepatches and updatepack from udb _403_ from https://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unifieddb/trunk/Updates/0.12.2_additions/

then install the remaining few mangos core updates

When an error happens, stop, and post :)

Wow, that was fast! Hehe :)

I've been doing this three or four times, but I can try again.

Just so I'm doing this correctly -

I download the .zip file, create an empty database named mangos, use the import wizard on that .sql file from the .zip file(wtf? :P)

or I just paste the querys into SQLYog and run it (tried both as I said)

After that I run the updates?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I will try this one more time, brb with an answer :)

Thanks!

So..

Now I did exactly as you said and its working! NO ERRORS!

BUT

I've not done the ACID part yet, and I've not put the ScriptDev2 structur into the mangos database.

Still my mangosd.exe says that events got loaded by scriptdev?

Is not ACID and ScriptDev2 structure(for mangos db) necessary? Becouse I think that if I do the ACID and ScriptDev2 part, it will fail again, since ive done it so many times :P

Thx again!

Ah holy...

Then you should update those guides, cuz now I tried to apply ACID on mangos, then I get the same errors. I had no idea that ACID was included in UTB.

So all this becouse I did what the guide said.. Still its kinda outdated so :P

Well, thank you!

I only have this error message left, but I think its nothing to care about:

2011-12-08 10:56:59 Spell (id: 33824) have SPELL_EFFECT_QUEST_COMPLETE for quest 10162 , but quest does not have SpecialFlags QUEST_SPECIAL_FLAG_EXPLORATION_OR_EVENT (2) set. Quest SpecialFlags should be corrected to enable this objective.

Take care mate!

/Blix

Ah okay, but what does this really mean? Do I have to apply anything into the databases?

As I said above, I'm only having this error now, but the events are still not working correctly.

When I do an instance, kill a boss etc. I can't get trough and continue.. Maybe it has to do with this SPELL_EFFECT error?

Thx.

Blix