[One] Console errors

Cupcake

The server logs are flooded with some really weird errors, even with loglevel = 0.

1) ERROR:HandleMoveNotActiveMover: incorrect mover guid: mover is Player Wreck (Guid: 150331) and should be Player Wreck (Guid: 150331) instead of Player Wreck (Guid: 150331)

2) ERROR:SESSION: received unexpected opcode CMSG_NAME_QUERY (0x0050) the player has not logged in yet

3) ERROR:SESSION: received unexpected opcode CMSG_CANCEL_TRADE (0x011C) the player has not logged in yet and not recently logout

Any idea what's with those errors? Especially the first one, seems it appears for every player that's ingame for some weird reason.

Is player "Wreck" an actual person logged into your server or is it a bot of some sort, like you would have if using Playerbot or Auction House Bot?

If you don't use bots and you have other people allowed onto your server, it may be entirely possible there is a player using a cheat engine. I had opened up my old server so kids in my family and their friends could play on the condition they help me troubleshoot my server. One of those friends thought it would be okay to use a cheat engine he'd never had the nerve to try on retail. Aside from crashing my server and earning himself a 5-day ban (he was just a kid, after all!), I had similar errors in my console because he was "ghosting" on my server with that cheat engine.

The first looks like a wrong check somewhere (like 64bit guid vs lowguid or so).

Should be easy to find by doing a fulltext search in mangos for "HandleMoveNotActiveMover: incorrect mover guid: mover is Player"

The other two would be nice to get some ideas how to reproduce - but ofc code analysis might also help (like a player being teleported while trading)

This problem related to way how we reset active mover. Mangos reset active mover base at internal data. Possible case when client send active mover reset request (that can be cheating or not cheating) after real reset happens in core. In result we have like error.

This has been discussed in past. One from way is reset active mover in referenced handler as expected by normal bliz-like way but only in case when some flag set at in-core reset need check. This can resolve another existed problem: sometime server receive movement packets from client for active mover _after_ in-core active mover reset. It's ignored currently but this can add some desync in coordinates maybe other problem sometime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use