[Patch] Item - Reinforced Net

tyrael

1. they are not stunned , and they should not be stunned. They fall from the sky and get rooted...

2. When the net wears of they fly back to the original position. But if u aggro them while they are down, they will get in combat and start fighting.

I don't remember very well if they fly back to the original height after net expires... I can't really test for the moment but if anyone can pls feel free and report back this little info.

I just did that quest on retail a few months ago, around the time of client 4.2.0.

The net is cast and they do fall to the ground snared. Once the net expires, they fly back up to their nearest waypoint, returning to their original path as they circle above. If the enter combat before flying away, they remain on or near the ground until combat ends. If they are still alive at the end of combat, they will fly back up to their original path in the air as stated previously.

Sorry, I should have gone into more detail...

If you don't kill them, they do return immediately to their previous position, hovering in the air at about the same height as the scaffold platform where the dwarf stands. If they wander from the spot where they landed when snared by the net, such as being kited by the player, that's when they will fly straight back to their last waypoint. For those that were already hovering by the platform this will be the spot in the air where they were before the net snares them. If they were snared or get aggro as they were flying in, but haven't arrived in front of the platform (like when the following waves arrive from the west to replace those killed), and are not killed in combat, they return to the nearest waypoint of their flight path and continue on until they end up hovering in front of the platform.

I hope that makes sense. 8)

well I understood it from the beggining...

I tested, and the result is this:

- mob doesn't get back to his original position if u don't attack him ONLY after u aggro and evade from combat he will leave back to his original place, otherwise as I said before, he will just stand there.

also we don't need if (Unit* caster = GetCaster()) in the code..it works the same without this part

The Flamespitter remaining on the ground does not seem correct. The Flamespitter will remain on the ground if you do not attack or evade only because you have remained within aggro radius, but did not have enough aggro for the Flamespitter to attack you, so it stays there waiting for your attack.

If you snare them with a net, but then evade and do not engage in combat, they should also evade and then fly back into the air, once aggro has reset to zero.

Was your test done on retail or another private server?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use