MangosOne Build error and missing .conf files

When i started mangosdVC100 this appeared and after i run it i notice that my .conf files are missing,

[== c++ ==]
C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\game.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'game' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\shared.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'shared' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\mangosd.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'mangosd' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\zlib.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'zlib' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\framework.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'framework' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\realmd.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'realmd' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\g3dlite.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'g3dlite' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\genrevision.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'genrevision' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\ACE_vc10.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'ACE_Wrappers' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\tbbmalloc.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'tbbmalloc' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'. C:\\Mangos\\Soucrce\\win\\VC100\\tbb.vcxproj : warning : Platform 'x64' referenced in the project file 'tbb' cannot be found. Please make sure you have it installed under '%VCTargetsPath%\\Platforms\\x64'

And after that i try to run scriptdev2 and ill get this error.

[== c++ ==]
1>------ Build started: Project: ScriptDev2, Configuration: Release Win32 ------1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(301,6): error MSB3191: Unable to create directory "..\\..\\..\\..\\bin\\win32_release\\". Access to the path '..\\..\\..\\..\\bin\\win32_release\\' is denied.1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(301,6): error MSB3191: Unable to create directory "C:\\Users\\bin\\win32_release\\". Access to the path 'C:\\Users\\bin\\win32_release\\' is denied.========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

First time im hosting a server so please help me :)

Set your VC 2010 build options to 32-bit Release, then clean your solution and try building again. It seems you have your compiler set to do a 64-bit build. I think the ScriptDev2 build gave an error because it couldn't access the folder "/win32/release" due to the MaNGOS build failing. Such folders would not be created in this case.

If you did intend to do a 64-bit build, then make sure you have the correct folder structure and placed ScriptDev2 sources into the MaNGOS folder "/src/bindings".

It looks as if the folder and file structure is mangled. Have you tried deleting your the sources and doing a fresh download from the MaNGOS One Github repository?

It appears you have successfully compiled the server binaries and associated libraries. :cool:

The rest requires manual copying of the configuration files into your server binaries folder. Look for mangosd, realmd, and scriptdev configuration files that have the extension .conf.dist.in. You will find mangosd.conf.dist.in inside \\src\\mangosd\\. realmd.conf.dist.in is inside \\src\\realmd\\. The scriptdev2.conf.dist.in file is inside \\src\\bindings\\scriptdev2. For the AuctionHouse Bot, you will find the ahbot.conf.dist.in file inside \\src\\game\\AuctionHouseBot\\. Copy those files into the same folder where you have mangosd.exe and realmd.exe. To use the configuration files, you must rename them by deleting .dist.in from the file names, leaving only the .conf extension.

After this, you will need to extract the client's DBC files, buildings, and maps. Look in the folder of your MaNGOS One source that is named contrib. You will see several folders. Open the folder named extractor and copy ad.exe to your World Of Warcraft installation folder. Next, copy the contents of the vmap_extract_assembler_bin folder to your World Of Warcraft installation folder.

First run ad.exe inside your World Of Warcraft folder. Next, run makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat. There will be new folders created that are named DBC, buildings, maps, and vmaps. Move those folders and their contents to your server's folder, the same place to where you copied the .conf files, with your mangosd.exe and realmd.exe. According to your screen shot, this would be the Win32_Release folder. If you wish to keep server logs for troubleshooting and to review the actions happening as people play, create a folder named Logs inside Win32_Release.

Once you have chosen your settings in the .conf files, your server is ready to run! :D

Make sure you have installed all the correct database files into your SQL server, too. I highly recommend TBC-DB, or The Burning Crusade DataBase. It is a backport of UDB for use with MaNGOS One servers. TBC-DB is developed with the same high quality and standards as UDB. ;) The Subversion repository for TBC-DB is located at Sourceforge. The SVN checkout address is https://tbc-db.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tbc-db.

I would recommend creating a new folder, perhaps named for your server or just simply MaNGOS-One, and moving everything from inside Win32_Release to this new folder. You can place the new folder in your hard drive's root directory, so the path is C:\\Mangos-One\\, or place it in your Programs folder. For Windows XP, this would be C:\\Program Files\\MaNGOS-One\\. Now you have given your server its very own folder and can make shortcuts to your desktop for starting mangosd.exe and realmd.exe. Remember to always start realmd first!

In the event your server crashes, MaNGOS-One creates a folder named crashs to store a text file describing your server's state at the moment of the crash. Along with your log files stored in /Logs, these can help people here in the forums to understand the possible trouble causing the server to malfunction.

Later, after you have mastered running your server and working with Git, you may try applying patches for additional functionality:

movemaps enables creatures and NPCs to make use of path-finding. Combined with vmaps, movemaps causes creatures and NPCs to navigate terrain and obstacles nearly the same as retail game play, perhaps even better. I do not know if movemaps for MaNGOS-One is completed at this time, but it ought to be ready in the near future, once development of it is completed for MaNGOS master. You will find it as a separate branch , named mmaps_one, in faramir118's Github repository.

Playerbot is the next patch I consider "must-have", especially if your server will have very few people playing. Playerbot allows you to use other characters on your account as semi-autonomous bots, to whom you may issue commands to assist you in adventuring and combat. With Playerbot, you can run 5-man or 10-man instances on your own! You can find it at blueboy's Github page, in the repository named portalone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use