Can someone please explain the difference in these aura/effect types?

namreeb

Greetings.

I'm wondering if someone can explain to me the difference in the aura type of SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT from the aura of type SPELL_AURA_ADD_FLAT_MODIFIER or SPELL_AURA_ADD_PCT_MODIFIER with a value of SPELLMOD_THREAT?

What I mean is is there a pattern for where one is used over the other? It seems like maybe the pattern is SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT is used when the spell/aura is affecting one particular school, whereas SPELL_AURA_ADD_FLAT_MODIFIER / SPELL_AURA_ADD_PCT_MODIFIER is used when the effect is more precise (a particular spell, etc.).

Can anyone confirm this or shed some light on it?

Many thanks!

Edit: To add some clarity here, I will take a Warrior as an example and list the spells with their aura type values and spell descriptions.

Defensive Stance Passive (7376) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Berserker Stance Passive (7381) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Defiance (12303) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Defiance (12788) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Defiance (12789) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Defiance (12791) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Defiance (12792) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Battle Stance Passive (21156) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_MOD_THREAT Misc: 127

Threatening Strikes (21856) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_ADD_FLAT_MODIFIER Misc: 2

Enhanced Sunder Armor (23561) Aura Name: SPELL_AURA_ADD_PCT_MODIFIER Misc: 2

Note that for the SPELL_AURA_ADD_FLAT_MODIFIER / SPELL_AURA_ADD_PCT_MODIFIER spells, the "misc" value of 2 denotes SPELLMOD_THREAT, meaning threat level is what is being modified.

So my question, to rephrase in this context, is what is the difference between Defiance and Threatening Strikes that they use two different "aura name" values?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use