Multiple Realms using same World DB

Guest Ruafo

Maybe this has been touched on before, for some reason I remember seeing it the old forums.

Is it functionally realistic from a performance perspecitive to operate multiple realms from the same world DB? Obviously you need a separate character DB for each realm. But there isn't really anything being written to the world DB. Am I correct?

Thanks

Is the world database only written to with certain GM commands, or are there writes that are caused by normal gameplay? Are these DB changes kept after a restart or crash?

What about the Scriptdev2 Database? Are there any writes to this Database? Are any changes kept after a restart or crash?

I'm just trying to figure out which databases I could restore with old backups and which ones I need to secure against data loss. So far I figured out that of course the character database needs to be secure, and the realm database too. But the world database and scriptdev2 database I am not yet 100% sure about yet.

As far as i know there are no other code then gm commands executing sql statements to the world database. And if there would have been changes they would have been saved yes. Realmd, World, SD2 can be used by unlimited cores running simultaneously. Char db needs a separate per realm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use