Database mods for Blueboy/Portal new_ai

bugeyedcreepy

Question

Well, Here I am after inadvertently blaming someone else for my woes over in Community Projects. I've compiled a development realm to test various things that are coming through both Mangos and Playerbot and have recompiled it a few times now, updated the databases to suit and so on and thought I'd have a go at the new-ai branch of Portal. When I compiled it and ran it the Mangos server whined as follows:

SQL: SELECT required_5_playerbotai_auto_follow FROM playerbotai_db_version LIMIT 1
query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_5_playerbotai_auto_follow' in 'field list'
The table `playerbotai_db_version` in your [CHARACTER] database indicates that this database is out of date!

[A] You have: --> `1_playerbotai_talentspecs.sql`

[b] You need: --> `5_playerbotai_auto_follow.sql`

You must apply all updates after [A] to [b] to use mangos with this database.
These updates are included in the sql/updates folder.
Please read the included [README] in sql/updates for instructions on updating.

Now it seems I can't find the sql updates that are referenced either in the Magos sql/updates nor in any of the portal/playerbot repositories. I've even attempted to google the specified references without success. Where do I get these updates for the Character database?

It's cool if I have to go back to the relative safety of playerbot/mangos but I've been drooling over all these new AI Features growing in these blueboy/portal new_ai bots and really wanted to try them out....

:(

5 answers to this question

I've not messed with this repo at all but just looking at github they are located in the sql/playerbotai/ directory as far as i can tell (new-ai branch)

https://github.com/blueboy/portal/tree/new-ai/sql/playerbotai

WooHoo! Thanks Heaps! Trust me to not look in sql/playerbotai, I was looking for the literal name Mangos indicated it was after.

:D

I did the same, looking for the filename the error gave, but looking at the files you can see they update the table's column to a value not specified by the filename, but are the values that the error reports (excluding the "required_" suffix of course)

I did the same, looking for the filename the error gave, but looking at the files you can see they update the table's column to a value not specified by the filename, but are the values that the error reports (excluding the "required_" suffix of course)

HaHa! See this is very much a "Handle with Care" scenario, I'm the one in a corner everyone keeps pointing out as the bloke who's a carton short of a six-pack. I didn't even find that directory let alone the files in it until you kindly rubbed my nose in it... Welcome to my life.

xD

Bless you, bugeyedcreepy! You gave me a chuckle over that last post, but in a good way. :D

With the possible exception of the higher powers that started MaNGOS, I think we've all had those moments where we got lost and needed someone to point the way... even though the solution was right under our noses.

Let that be a lesson to anyone else: Make sure to look through the folders of your freshly compiled server in case there are any docs or files you need for that nifty patch you just added to function properly!

Archived