1.12 Client with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Guest pomser_

Question

Hello!

Is there anyone in here that is running the 1.12 client on Ubuntu 64bit or any other Linux based OS? I spent around 10 hours yesteday figuring out how to run it without any good results. I seem to have an issue with running 32bit programs through wine and I just cannot get it working.

If anyone have any experience with this or have it running on their own system I would greatly appreciate some assistance.

best regards,

Pomser

7 answers to this question

Oh I did not realise ACID was already part of the db. Thanks. 8)

I do have a question though. When I was setting up the db, I renamed all the "zp_XXXX" databases without the "zp_" to write to the basic names.

i.e. "zp_world" was changed to "mangos", "zp_characters" to "characters" before running mysql_import.

It seems to be working fine. Was that the right thing to do? I found no indication in the docs.

On a side note. Is there a central place where I can list all the issues I encounter as I level? I know my class really really well and I can spot a few things that's is not quite right. Some general things as well that will make the game a little more close to the real experience.

You will need the 32-bit libraries installed for you graphics card to get the client running with WINE32. If you start wine with the client from a terminal you can see which libraries are missing. Most likely it's something like that.

Thank you! I solved the problem but it seems that it was more complicated then I thought. I've got an Acer Aspire 5742g which has 2 graphic cards using nvidia optimus, this caused big big problems =P. Luckily some angels made a 'fix' for this (bumblebee) and with that + installing 32 bit libs it finally is working! I do get a bit low FPS compared to windows but overall it works great.

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

Pomser

Luckily some angels made a 'fix' for this (bumblebee) and with that + installing 32 bit libs it finally is working! I do get a bit low FPS compared to windows but overall it works great.

I am sitting in the same boat, using bumblebee with nvidia, too. But I noticed that up to client 2.4.3 the integrated intel graphics are sufficient to get good FPS. I only switch with bbswitch when I run 3.x or newer clients :)

Hi there.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit on an Acer 8951G with Bumblebee to bypass optimus.

Everything is running perfectly smoothly for me.

mangos-zero, scriptdev0 and the matching DB.

I have not tried to add ACID as I am not 100% sure if it works with zero. Version 1.0.3 maybe?

Currently serving over a Hamachi network.

My client is using wine 1.4.

I run with: "optirun wine Wow.exe -opengl"

I am not sure about all the 32-bit libs I am using as I run several games on the machine that installed under "Play-on-Linux". I am sure I saw several 32-bit libs getting installed.

I

There are a few issues with the game mechanics so far. I am looking for a place to log these though.

Archived