How can I allow multiboxing on the same account?

Guest crashuncle

Dear Mangos Community,

I currently search a possibility to enable a login more then one time on the same account like it was possible in the past. (So you can be with 2 characters on 1 account online)

I cant find the function where it checks if a account is already online or not, I thought that this would be done in "AddSession_" but it didn't worked.

Could you tell me at least the function or say me which line need to be commented to make multi logins possible?

Thanks in advance,

Crashuncle

I don't know if this helps but look at

src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp

Line 542-546

Maybe that helps.

//Edit:

Testet it and doesn't work.

Server crashes if you comment those lines out.

Yep I found the same, I don't understand why it crash but I guess its session related.

Vladimir what strange stuff could happen, crashes?

The "strange bugs" Valdimir mentioned are probably more related to realmd.account problems. What if a multiboxer logged off once, but not both? Would account.online be set to 0 even though they're still logged in on another character? How would MaNGOS handle being told a person is offline, but seeing them online?

It's usually a bad idea to give a computer conflicting data.

What if a multiboxer logged off once, but not both? Would account.online be set to 0 even though they're still logged in on another character? How would MaNGOS handle being told a person is offline, but seeing them online?

I think it is obvious, eh?

A black hole would open and every computer in the world with WoW (any version will do) will be sucked up and destroyed.

Or worse yet: Each mangos server would develop some weird psychological disorder involving multiple personalities and the like. It would be chaos, and awesome!

In active session list session with some id can be listed single time. Is same session logined second time it replace old session in list. Code guard this and disconnect old session. Without this checks old session deleted anyway and crash _always_. Before in old code old session not deleted but exist unrefereneced in memory and memory lost or server crash in some cases.

In any cases old and new code not expect possibility 2 sessions with same session id in same time at server. But old code just not have full checks avoid this.

In active session list session with some id can be listed single time. Is same session logined second time it replace old session in list. Code guard this and disconnect old session. Without this checks old session deleted anyway and crash _always_. Before in old code old session not deleted but exist unrefereneced in memory and memory lost or server crash in some cases.

In any cases old and new code not expect possibility 2 sessions with same session id in same time at server. But old code just not have full checks avoid this.

Thank you for the explanation, I see its so far simply not possible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use