[Guide] Multiple Realms/Multiple Computers

Guest PunKeD_GuRu

• 1 month later...

Your tutorial is great but I have one problem.

I have created characters copy and named it characters2. This folder characters2 has the same size and files like first folder characters. But when I opened MySQL and went to characters2 there were only 5 files and database has size of 690 KB.

characters in MySQL has lot more files and size of characters is 8.6 MB.

I dont know where was my mistake. characters2 folder has the same files like characters folder but in MySQL there is only 5 files in character2.

I also make mangos2 and in MySQL size of mangos2 is the same like mangos and have the same number of files so why then characters2 is not the same like characters.

I also tried to start second realm. realmd.exe works and mangos.exe also starts but with much errors.

In game I get into that new realm, click on Create New Character and when I click Accept nothing appears. There is no character.

In mangos.exe wrote lots of errors but last is: query ERROR: Table 'characters2.characters' doesn't exist

In characters2 folder I have characters but in MySQL I don't have characters table, and lots of other tables are missing in characters2 . Why is that?

I'm doing 2 realm on the same computer is that effect on anything.

Pls help!

Thanks Darkruler for solving my problem.

Now I have new one.

I have log in into my new realm and played it normaly, but other players says that they can't get it. They tryed click on that realm but it keep retuning them to pick realm.

I forwarded my port 8086 for that new realm, for other realm is 8085. Adress is bosswow.servegame.org like in first realm.

Does anyone know possible solution?

• 1 month later...

Thankyou so much for this tutorial!! I really wanted to get multiple realms up and running to test several databases and could not figure it out. The first time I tried it I must have done something wrong because I could not get it to work but this time around I managed to get 3 up and running and can now compare database bugs to see if they are common in all and fix where they are not. Thanks again this really helped me out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use