Hunter pet resizing in 6245 using the 2.4.2.8278 client

Vor

Question

Hiya guys. I did a search and didn't find any listings for this so figured I would post here. I am new to all this and just managed to get my server up and running to mess around with and study how it all works. I am having an issue where the Hunter pets are shrinking to a much smaller size than on the live server of this version. I know hunter pets generally shrink. I had a hunter on live and one thing I know is that when I tamed an average sized crockolisk they actually gained in size. In the version mentioned above, they shrink to the size of a small iguana. Same is true for all the hunter pets I have tried so far. Much higher shrinkage rate than on live. Is there an easy fix for this? As I said I am fairly new to all of this so "dumb guy" answers will not be frowned on :) thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Hey Vor, welcome to MaNGOS!

I had noticed that Hunter pets shrink - hence I named my captured tallstrider "chicken" - but unfortunately as I never played on official servers, I assumed this is correct. Anyway, If you want to look at the code that handles pet sizing, it is all in Pet::InitStatsForLevel() in Pet.cpp

You may also want to look at creaturefamily.dbc for the scaling values - according to these, crocs have 40% of their normal size at level one, and grow to 60% at level 60...

Shlainn

yeah. My Crockolisk on Live was level 14 when I trained it and when it tamed, it gained 2% in size instead of shrinking.That's why it was so disconcerting I suppose. Thanks for the direction I will have a look and see if I can manage to figure some way to standardize it...I would even be ok with a 0% size change.

Archived