How to make a quest auto complete?

Guest mfour

Hi all

Now I know that this is not exactly a Blizzlike thing to do, but I consider a quest which does not work (for whatever reason) and stops a player from completing a quest chain, to be even more "not Blizzlike". Using Mangos-0.12 (7066), SD- 812 and UDB-365 there are a number of quests which do not work.

I have searched (both here and UDB forum) for a way to make a broken quest auto complete, but have found nothing which helps me (with my limited knowledge). There has also been a post with similar content, unfortunately not much information in it ( http://udbforums.org/index.php?topic=11629.0 ) and hence my post here.

After going though the UDB Wiki it came to light that by setting quest_template.method=0 the quest is set to auto complete. This does happen in-game, however in the quest dialog clicking on the "Complete Quest" button has no effect. This is the same for any quest that I set method=0.

Any ideas on how to successfully make a quest auto complete if it is broken? Any ideas will be much appreciated, thank you.

You could either allow your testers to use the .quest complete command, or remove the requirements from non working quests.

Or better yet, help the devs to figure out what's wrong with them, and eventually create a script (since this is usually the reason a quest is uncompleteable) to make it work...

You could either allow your testers to use the .quest complete command, or remove the requirements from non working quests.

Or better yet, help the devs to figure out what's wrong with them, and eventually create a script (since this is usually the reason a quest is uncompleteable) to make it work...

Yes I agree, unfortunately my scripting knowledge is zero, although I am trying to learn how to do it, and then how to apply it. Also some of the quests bugs are known, and from reading up on the various forums appear not to have any solutions. Either way, you are right, creating a solution or fix myself which then can be shared would be the way to go.

UPDATE quest_template SET Method=0 WHERE entry=

entry should be the ID of the Q

Yes I have done that, it does present a player with the yellow ? however, when clicking on the "Complete Quest" button, nothing happens. I will next try removing the Required quest items from the specific quest DB entry. I guess when you click the "Complete Quest" button a check is done in the players inventory for the required item, and in the absense of such an quest item/comlpeted objective, there can be no response.

Thank you both for your feedback. :)

Ok so to get a quest to sucesfully auto complete, you need to:

Set Set method = 0

Set the folowing = 0, if not so allready"

ReqItemId

ReqItemCount

ReqSourceID

ReqSourceCount

ReqCreatureOrGOId

ReqCreatureOrGOCount

ReqSpellCast

Only thing to watch out for are some of the daily quests you will be able to simply click and complete endlessly. To make it so that it is available only once, look at SpecialFlags, if = 1, change to = 0.

Again thanks for the comments, it helped a lot.

• 2 months later...

Well it seems that the bug appear when talk with the questgiver and was not able to complete for the first time, and then you deicide do stroll around to complete the quest. then you make the second time talking with the questqiver to complete the quest.

1. talk with the quest giver

2. dont complete the quest (cancel)

3. then fullfill the quest requiredment to complete the quest

4. talk again with the quest giver and complete the quest

5. then the question mark dont disappear.

i think the send quest complete update dont behave as expected for unknown reasons. as you make for the second attempt.

Method doesn't have anything to do with quest objectives. Method=0 will simply make it so that client skip request the Details/Objectives text page, and go directly to RequestItemsText page.

If you still haven't fulfilled the objectives of the quest (for example it has ReqItemIdN=1234) you still need to obtain that item.

Method doesn't have anything to do with quest objectives. Method=0 will simply make it so that client skip request the Details/Objectives text page, and go directly to RequestItemsText page.

well yes i`m well aware of that as the main objective of Method=0. with my limited knowlege i cant find the wrong part in the questhandler.cpp or player.cpp, it seem nothing wrong.

but... then again could please try myline nofantasy (as the maker) :)

1. talk with the quest giver (see the ReqTextpage)

2. dont complete the quest (cancel & stroll around)

3. then fullfill the quest requiredment to complete the quest (.additem or hunt(no way :lol:))

4. talk again with the quest giver to complete the quest

5. then the question mark dont disappear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use