[one] Events

iceymann

Question

5 answers to this question

As far as i understand it, tbc wont seriously be in development (further) til zero is done. Unless of course you wish to do so. =)

However event npcs are quite easily fixed.

Target the npc and do a .npc info , in the writing you will see a 'guid:(with number here beside it)

Take the guid number, open your database. See the 'game_event_creature'. This is where you would simply put the guid and event id. And your done. Npc will only appear when the event is active. =)

'game_event' gives a full list of the events and their id's if you dont know the event id.

-Ela

By the way. =)

In the case that your fix works succesfully! Document it. A developer tests it and a page full of sql with no meaning isnt fun to test.

Documenting doesnt have to be crazy in length. As im sure they know the events within mangos and if your right or wrong. (something this simple wouldnt need links to websites saying event npcs shouldnt show.) But if your in doubt as to if the npc was visible while event wasnt active but didnt have the quest..a little research, and put the link proving it into the documenting of your sql.

So something like

-- This fixes the orphan quest in duskwood/stormwind etc appearing on (name of npcs)

sql stuff here =P

-- This fixes winter veil (whatever) and yeah sql below.

Then head on over to here. http://community.getmangos.eu/index.php?board=220.0

Tag it up. [One] Event fixes for npcs and quests (whatever).

And be patient, theres a backlog of things to be checked over.

If you fix this, then... good work!

-Regards Ela

P.s: Much respect for taking a leap into trying this, feel free to post or msg me if your having issues fixing it. I can show you. =)

Archived