[Zero] "Architecture not supported"

Rottstein

Question

I was playing around with one of my arm devices and thought it would most likely be pretty easy to get realmd setup and running on that instead of the main server. I will probably be able to figure it out once I have a bit more familiarity with the sources but for now cmake throws an error about the architecture. It seems to only recognize a few systems, obviously there is the windows and mac versions, and a couple of linux (32 bit, 64 bit and spark).

I didn't dig too far in as I thought someone more familair might just know the answer, what differences are involved here? Is this just a matter of big/little endian and some compiler options?

1 answer to this question

Building mangos on ARM is a matter of a) changing to CMake definitions to properly detect the CPU and compiler to be used, which should be possible. As for building mangos on ARM, this will itself work, if you do not use the Intel Threading Building Blocks library and use an external version of the ACE library instead of the one included in the mangos sources. Also it does require a few code fixes in G3D, and other parts to properly recognize the ARM CPU and its features.

I do run mangos-zero on a Pandaboard, and had to make a few fixes here and there for it to build.

Archived