[MangosZero] Adding a second realm

wattz

Question

Hey guys ,wondered if i could have a bit of assistance please :) ,i managed to get my server live the other day thanks to your help 8) ,but am now wanting to add a second realm ,my first is blizz like and would like to add a highxp fun server also ,if possible could you explain what i need to do (as simply explained as possible) to add my second realm ,what i need to add to my .conf and any alterations i need to make to the database to achieve this,thank you.

kind regards wattz

*edit

ok so far from a bit of googling i have added this to my .conf

RealmID = 1

DataDir = "."

LogsDir = ""

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;*****;********;***"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;*****;********;***"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;*****;********;***"

LoginDatabaseConnections = 1

WorldDatabaseConnections = 1

CharacterDatabaseConnections = 1

MaxPingTime = 30

WorldServerPort = 8086

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

RealmID = 2

DataDir = "."

LogsDir = ""

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;*****;********;***"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;*****;********;***"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;*****;********;***"

LoginDatabaseConnections = 1

WorldDatabaseConnections = 1

CharacterDatabaseConnections = 1

MaxPingTime = 30

WorldServerPort = 8087

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

I'm guessing i need to add another character and world db named different from the first realm , and somehow edit the realm database to show the new realm ?

Also im not sure how i can change the rest of the .conf to sperate the two realms in terms of xp and drop rate etc,or would i have to do something like make a shortcut to the mangos.exe and add the line -c funserver.conf to load a different .conf for that server ?

2 answers to this question

You assumed correct that you will need a 2nd configuration file. Also a 2nd database for world, characters, scripts would be recommended if you intend to make world changes for the fun realm.

Once that is done, you edit the realm database, add a 2nd entry into the realm list, and start another instance of mangos with -c funserver.conf

Archived