[solved] logging in for the first time

ratfink

Question

hi there

I've set up mangos-zero in a debian vm running on windows 7. There's a few errors when I run the mangosd/realmd scripts but it doesn't crash so I assume they are nothing too much to worry about yet.

I have added a couple of users in "screen" - is there any way to confirm that has worked?

More importantly - I cannot work out how to logon. I've been trying from a separate windows 2000 box, but now I've copied the WoW client to the windows 7 machine. Either way, I immediately get "The information you have entered is not valid [etc]".

Is there any way to tell whether the server is refusing a connection or whether the connection isn't even being made?

My server is running on 192.168.1.80, the windows 7 host and windows 2000 box are on the same segment.

I have the two realmlist.wtf entries pointing at that address.

Grateful for advice!

EDIT: Aha, found another thread on similar issues, is needed to change a setting in mangosd.conf.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived