[patch][7437] client visible instanceids for battlegrounds

Guest balrok

* What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

the feature to display bg-instanceids with lower values

* For which repository revision was the patch created?

* Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

i don't think so..

* Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

balrok

i've written a patch that the battlegroundinstance-ids, which are displayed to the clients aren't so high anymore (this is the behaviour from the retail server)

those ids are unique for each battleground and they should be kept as low as possible (if i remember correctly)

so if bg_wsg 1,3,4 exists and a new wsg will be created, this will get the id=2

those clientvisible-ids don't have any other use then that - and i don't think it's worth the effort to rewrite the whole instance-system, to support this..

also in this patch, i fixed a packet where instance-id should be sent, but was marked as unknown

--

i tested it on my server, but could just create one instance for each bg - the only problem i could see with this patch is in the createclientvisibleinstanceid function - i'm not sure if my idea how to find the lowest id is ok, but as i could read in the documentation of std::set it should be ok in this way..

giturl: git://github.com/balrok/mangos.git

branch: bg_instance

patchdownload from:

mangos-files.eu/patches

bg_instance.patch is for master

and bg_instanceid-0.12.patch is for mangos-0.12

---

the next days i think i won't have internet, so i can't answer you so fast..

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use