Switchboard - It's coming, suggest features, etc

Shozokui

What is a switchboard?: In the early days of telecommunications the term "switchboard" was mainly used to refer to board on which telephone operators had to manually patch end users through.

What is this? In this context, the term maintains the same meaning. This application will primarily serve as a communications hub for servicing GM tickets and performing administrative functions for customer support.

Technologies Used: Ember.js, Electron.js, Zero API (Ruby on Rails API), Web Sockets, C#.NET

Planned features

• Login and use it anywhere - Web, Native OS X, Windows, and Linux support (potential native mobile device support)
  • MaNGOS-managed accounts and permissions
  • Chat relay (limited to game master role at first, but likely will be adapted to support full remote chat for all users/account later)
  • Ticket tracking, notifications, reminders
  • Secure account password reset - GM will never know new password, Sends user email with newly generated password, must provide email if not set on account (This feature is a hack that my internal team wanted in lieu of a working password reset form which is out of the scope of this project)
  • Core information & logs + notifications - If the core has for some reason crashed + restarted or encountered some sort of error, you should probably know.
  • Clean responsive design + motion ui

More features will likely pop up as we finish information architecture and finalize the designs for this application. I urge the community to suggest features they'd like to see.

I'm very excited to tackle the chat relay feature specifically. I plan to take a similar approach as playerbot to logging in disconnected entities, then the rest should be as simple as establishing a socket between the web service and the core to pass data back to the web service to process it. Probably use the existing SOAP API and expand it a bit to support the login/log out triggers from the web service. I find it really fun connecting very different layers into a full extensible package, because with that then we're on our way to enabling remote chat that accessible over JSON API/Web Sockets - so neat.

I welcome any collaborators or contributors to this project! Switchboard Repository

-- Some early designs --

Screenshot 2016-05-01 22.26.01.png

Screenshot 2016-05-01 20.46.38.png

578feb53bc1fa_Screenshot2016-05-0120.46.

578feb53dc2f0_Screenshot2016-05-0122.26.

Archived