Missing database table 'realmd_db_version' mangoszero

elemental4e

Question

When I try to install Mangos Zero, everything works fine, until the point when I want to start realmd.

Then I get the following messages:

Using configuration file realmd.conf.
Login Database total connections: 2
MySQL client library: 5.1.49
MySQL server ver: 5.7.18-log
MySQL client library: 5.1.49
MySQL server ver: 5.7.18-log
SQL: SELECT required_z2678_01_realmd FROM realmd_db_version LIMIT 1
query ERROR: Table 'realmd.realmd_db_version' doesn't exist
SQL: SELECT * FROM realmd_db_version LIMIT 1
query ERROR: Table 'realmd.realmd_db_version' doesn't exist
The table `realmd_db_version` in your [REALMD] database is missing or corrupt.
MaNGOS cannot find the version info needed to check that the db is up to date.

This revision of mangos requires a database updated to:
`z2678_01_realmd.sql`

Reinstall your [REALMD] database with the included sql file in the sql folder.

I looked into the SQL Files, but I don't find any statements, that would create the missing table. All I ever find are things like alteration statements.

Can you help me with that? I'm running the current mangos0 build on windows 10, with vs 2015 installed.

5 answers to this question

figured it out by my own, since I used cmangos last year.

I used the following SQL Statement (got that from cmangos) on the realmd database, which did the trick:

-- Table structure for table `realmd_db_version`
--

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `realmd_db_version`;
CREATE TABLE `realmd_db_version` (
  `required_z2678_01_realmd` bit(1) DEFAULT NULL
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC COMMENT='Last applied sql update to DB';

--
-- Dumping data for table `realmd_db_version`
--

LOCK TABLES `realmd_db_version` WRITE;
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `realmd_db_version` DISABLE KEYS */;
INSERT INTO `realmd_db_version` VALUES
(NULL);
/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `realmd_db_version` ENABLE KEYS */;
UNLOCK TABLES;

I'll try out some other things to be sure, I kind of think the batch-file for installing the databases is broken (InstallDatabases.bat). If so I'll report it later.

UPDATE:

The batch works fine on its own, but still no table 'realmd_db_version'. So most of the updates for the realmd database don't work out of the box.

You're right with that, but what other solution is available for me?

It's the typical case of "I want it to work now", so of course I am a little bit impatient. But well, weekend is over for now.

Still I can't believe that about 400 people downloaded MaNGOS Zero and I'm the only one with problems like this. Everything works fine until I try to extract the map-data. Here there's the first hurdle, that using all 4 of my CPU cores doesn't work. But that doesn't really matter, as it doesn't seem to be a scripting error and it works with one core. The database setup is a real nightmare in comparison. The batch-file is not working 100% of the times. In one of my last tests yesterday, I tried to skip all the steps for the mangos und character databases, as I was only interested in the realmd database. That broke the batch as there was a goto statement somewhere where it was wrong syntactically.

I'd really like to the server working these days, as you put so much effort in this. But right now, the Easy Build turns out to be not so easy at all. 

Other solution is to find ourself where the bug is. You can be impatient but what will it change ? Will it help you to get this solved faster ?

You are surely not the only one... maybe people fixed this without reporting it, who knows ?

Easybuild is made to ease the stuff but there's no guarantee that it's 100% working in any case. 

Tal'

That's ok :)

As I said, that was my scenario for the weekend ... being impatient and so on. So for now, I'll be a good boy and wait.

Thanks for effort, I hope it will work soon. Let me know if there's something I can help with, like providing information or anything else.

Archived