Raid Vanilla - 25 players

ikir

Question

Hi I've searched online and in the forums but I was not able to find an answer.

I'm thinking of running a Mangos Zero server for my friends, but since we will about 15-20 players we will not able to do some serious raiding as we used to.

Is there any option to transform original Vanilla bosses and raids (40 players) to 20-25 players? I think it should be a good option/features for Mangoz Zero since original raids were really hardcore. To play with friends they need to be recalibrated for 20-25 players and made a little easier.

4 answers to this question

As far as I know the config and the core, there is no such feature. You may rate the damage and HP of the whole creature class (normal, elite so on) over the whole world. It won't be a coding challenge to apply this scheme map-specifically. Though I doubt that such an extended scheme will be nicely controllable from the config file.

I believe you can apply the new rates even without restarting the core. Just change the rates in the config file and use "reload config" command.

There is no single option for this because it would require an extensive testing to set a new balance properly (and, what a balance? 10 and 20 are quite different player numbers). However, using `Rate.Creature` settings in the CREATURE AND GAMEOBJECT SETTINGS section, you can customize the mobs easily. None timers will be affected, thus you need also to reduce bosses HP getting a chance against the timed boss enrage. Most other phase switching events in the scripts are controlled not by fixed timers but instead by % of the boss HP.

Thanks for the informations. Is there a way to customised settings only for RAIDS or specific raid distance? For example I want to change Naxxramas to balance it for 10 players but I don't want other NPS in dungeons or world to be weaker.

Archived