Stuck on CentOS Install

Jimdobbswow

Question

Hey All,

First, I've installed a few Mangos servers over the years, but all on Windows. I'm running a BMS out of a Data Center Now that's running CentOS7. 

I followed this guide line by line: 

But I'm stuck on the database. The script is supposed to handle all that, but it could be that I'm running something slightly newer and not sure what the next step is.

If I try to fire up realmd as a service I see:

● realmd.service - Realmd service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/realmd.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-08-03 14:28:04 PDT; 14s ago
  Process: 3078 ExecStart=/home/mangos/two/bin/realmd -c /home/mangos/two/etc/realmd.conf (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 3078 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

If I try to start realmd directly I see:

Using configuration file ../etc/realmd.conf.
Login Database total connections: 2
MySQL client library: 5.5.68-MariaDB
MySQL server ver: 5.5.68-MariaDB
MySQL client library: 5.5.68-MariaDB
MySQL server ver: 5.5.68-MariaDB
SQL: SELECT `version`, `structure`, `content`, `description` FROM `db_version` ORDER BY `version` DESC, `structure` DESC, `content` DESC LIMIT 1
query ERROR: Table 'two_realm.db_version' doesn't exist
The table `db_version` in your [Realmd] database is missing or corrupt.

[A] You have database Version: MaNGOS can not verify your database version or its existence!

[B] The core needs database Version: 22
                            Structure: 1
                              Content: 1
                          Description: Release 22

Please verify your database location or your database integrity.

Looking at MariaDB I can see that it created

two_characters     
|two_realm          
|two_world   

I then did a show full tables from two_realm, and it's empty.

So the script created the databases, but never populated them with anything. I grabbed the two db off github

https://github.com/mangostwo/server/releases/tag/v22.01.63

and went ahead and let it create the realmd db (vs two_realm) but then I tried

mysql -u root -p realmd < realmdLoadDB.sql

And I get this error:

ERROR 1293 (HY000) at line 52: Incorrect table definition; there can be only one TIMESTAMP column with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in DEFAULT or ON UPDATE clause

This seems to be an issue with the realm sql dump file for loading the db. Characters worked fine. So how do I fix this for realm?

I did of course try installdatabases.sh first... and that gives errors too

which: no mariadb in (/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)
MySQL found.
What is your MySQL host name ?  [localhost]:
What is your MySQL user name ?  [mangos]:
What is your MySQL port ?       [3306]:
./InstallDatabases.sh: line 393: mysql_config_editor: command not found
What is your Character database name ?  [character2]:

Applying update World/Updates/Rel21/*.sql
./InstallDatabases.sh: line 201: World/Updates/Rel21/*.sql: No such file or directory
File World/Updates/Rel21/*.sql imported
Applying update World/Updates/Rel22/*.sql
./InstallDatabases.sh: line 208: World/Updates/Rel22/*.sql: No such file or directory

So, I'm totally stuck on what's going on here.If ya have any ideas, I am all ears! lol.

Thanks again!

Edited by Jimdobbswow

2 answers to this question

Hey Jimdobbswow,

One of the first things I noticed is that you were grabbing the database files from the releases section. Is that also where you go the server files from?
Personally (I use Ubuntu - so just keep that in mind), I do everything from scratch, i.e. no installer script. That  being said, I will still try to help out where I can.

I grab the server files from: https://github.com/mangostwo/server and the database files from: https://github.com/mangostwo/database. ... But before you go ahead and try that... I noticed something...

You have already created your three databases, and that's fine.
I would then run the command you did to load the realm tables into the database... but try to use mariadb instead of mysql (mysql 8 especially can give really weird errors): 

mariadb -u root -p two_realm < realmdLoadDB.sql

(are you using root as your user for this? if you were following the guide that you linked, you should be using 'mangos' as the user.)

Let me know if that command still causes you any issues?

- Fyre.
(If you have Discord, jump in and tag me for faster responses :D)

15 hours ago, Fyre said:

Hey Jimdobbswow,

One of the first things I noticed is that you were grabbing the database files from the releases section. Is that also where you go the server files from?
Personally (I use Ubuntu - so just keep that in mind), I do everything from scratch, i.e. no installer script. That  being said, I will still try to help out where I can.

I grab the server files from: https://github.com/mangostwo/server and the database files from: https://github.com/mangostwo/database. ... But before you go ahead and try that... I noticed something...

You have already created your three databases, and that's fine.
I would then run the command you did to load the realm tables into the database... but try to use mariadb instead of mysql (mysql 8 especially can give really weird errors): 

mariadb -u root -p two_realm < realmdLoadDB.sql

(are you using root as your user for this? if you were following the guide that you linked, you should be using 'mangos' as the user.)

Let me know if that command still causes you any issues?

- Fyre.
(If you have Discord, jump in and tag me for faster responses :D)

Yeah part of the issue here is, for CentOS7, it's running an older server, but then the DB is up to date. 

I'm "piece mailing" through the database, trying to get it to the point of whatever the older server wants. I already had Cent on the box and it's been running several services for about 8 months, so didn't feel like wiping it out lol. I should have used Debian or Ubuntu but, ohwell.

Yeah, I have gone through bringing in the installer scripts. One bailed because it shouldn't find anything in Rel21 or Rel22, which meant unzipping them all and putting them back in. Then it complained that it couldn't find maps, vmaps etc, but they were in bin instead of etc. So, right now, it's barking about the language packs not being installed. (This being the mangos server) The realm server appears to be past the point of updates, it now wants the tables configured for realm, etc. I'll get that setup today.

Its just that good old trying to match the db to the server thing... which is why I was hoping there was a more updated installer that would support centos. I'm happy to do everything manually, but wasn't sure if these distro's would work on cent or not.

Thanks for the help!