Is it possible to install mangosone and mangostwo on the same computer?

Lee Batchelor

Question

I setup mangostwo for testing, now I'm having trouble getting mangosone to start. The part where it fails is when I go to create the database it basically says everything already exists even if I enter different names for realmd/character/mangos (different from what I have on my wotlk server).

I've done some searching and haven't found anything that seems relevant, but what I've found seems to say it's impossible without virtualization. I don't need to run the servers at the same time, I'm just testing mod work.

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lee Batchelor said:

I setup mangostwo for testing, now I'm having trouble getting mangosone to start. The part where it fails is when I go to create the database it basically says everything already exists even if I enter different names for realmd/character/mangos (different from what I have on my wotlk server).

I've done some searching and haven't found anything that seems relevant, but what I've found seems to say it's impossible without virtualization. I don't need to run the servers at the same time, I'm just testing mod work.

Yes.

Thanks! That's all I needed, got it working almost immediately haha.

I've got troubleshooting fatigue and just needed some assurance that what I was trying to do was even possible.

(Edit for posterity: The problem was very stupid as it usually is, I had downloaded the wrong database version. I meant to get mangosone but had gotten mangoszero accidentally)

Edited by Lee Batchelor