The table `db_version` indicates that your [World] database does not match the expected structure!

lmcroberta

Question

world-server.log

how do I do the updates ???  when using the tool to do it it errors and doesn't complete correctly.

I have asked this question several months ago and still have not gotten mangosthree to work,  I have done zero, one and two and i have gotten them all to work but three is giving me some issues.  I have followed the directions to the letter (copy/paste) 

so if the tool will not do the updates... how can I do it manually?  (one at a time)  since this has not been a problem before this is all new too me. 

15 answers to this question

Hello,

You can apply updates manually through your database viewer. The instructions will depend on which one you use specifically. For example, I use DBeaver, and I can right click the database and "Execute Script."

You can also update using command line. When I use Linux, I use a command like: mysql -u mangos -pmangos -d world3 < update_name.sql

Hopefully that helps guide you on the right path.

if I could figure out how to get the update to apply but SQL is new to me.  and this is the first time seeing this issue like this.

I am using Heidi and mysql 5.7 on windows server 2012, 2 6 core procs with 184 gig memory on SSD array storage

are there any other instructions for updating of videos or web page somewhere that I have not found yet?

how do i dump the results of the patch attempt to a txt file?  I dont really know what I am looking at but is there a syntax error on hallows eve?  its the only one that is different...and I see the same formatting on the next patch.  can this some how be skipped since it is duplicated in the next patch?

This is what I did:
Opened Git Bash: git clone https://github.com/mangosthree/database m3db
(this creates a folder/directory called m3db).

Opened up the directory and ran "InstallDatabases.bat"

image.png.97d11ca74e36ae9b761e378e790eb79c.png

Left all of the default settings and clicked "N".

These were the settings that I used:

Then it goes through the process of creating the three databases and populating them with the default values.

Then it applied all of the updates for Character : Rel21_05_001 through Rel22_03_002. World DB Rel22_03_003 through Rel 22_04_005.

For GameEvents - it may be an issue with the date stamp and null codes?

This was something that was applied to other MaNGOS cores:: https://github.com/mangos/Realm_DB/pull/5

Not sure if you're using MariaDB instead of MySQL - but I think that helps too.