Did you even tested it?

Wast3d

Last 2 patches made Mangos kinda useless.. I just started from scratch, and now i cant use the files, because of the removement of all the X files ScriptDev2 cannot be applied. Did this guy who made this patch any tests before he comitted it? :confused: :mad:

Reporting at SD2 forum, when Mangos does not even build is futile. And currently, that is the fact. Mangos does not compile under Vista, VC90 x64 Debug. Once it's back on track, other projects depending on Mangos will follow, like usual :)

i didn't say that it was a problem with sd2 ;) just that people need to know to post bugs at the right forum, and that mangos can work without SD2 (although its much more fun WITH SD2 :P)

sorry for the confusion!

1. Although the devs try, Mangos revisions may not always be BACKWARD COMPATIBLE.

2. In any project if you do not break the project once in a while you cannot progress. There was a large commit to help the project in the long run, so in the short run stay with a revision that works and wait for fixes!

scriptdev2 is NOT required for mangos to work.

Scriptdev2 is NOTHING to do with mangos, it is an entirely different and separate project.

If you have a problem with scriptdev, report it at their forums.

Can you give me an example of what SD2 can do on its own, or what other project can use SD2?

That's almost like saying, PEAR is not part of PHP, or Rails has nothing to do with Ruby.

If you add a new plugin to your web browser, and the plugin does not function properly is it:

a ) the fault of the plugin

or

b) the fault of the browser

The browser (MaNGOS) can function on its own, the plugin (SD2) cannot. However it is the responsibility of the plugin to be compatible with the browser, not the other way around.

If you add a new plugin to your web browser, and the plugin does not function properly is it:

a ) the fault of the plugin

or

b) the fault of the browser

The browser (MaNGOS) can function on its own, the plugin (SD2) cannot. However it is the responsibility of the plugin to be compatible with the browser, not the other way around.

That didn't answer my question.

Scriptdev2 is NOTHING to do with mangos, it is an entirely different and separate project.

What other "browser" can use the "plugin", and what can this "plugin" do without the "browser"?

How ever you want to analogize this, you can't get around the fact that MaNGOS is part of SD2 and vice versa.

How ever you want to analogize this, you can't get around the fact that MaNGOS is part of SD2 and vice versa.
No. Maybe Sd2 dependent from mangos core but mangos core itself not have any dependences from SD2. Can exist many script libraries and SD2 isn;t something unique in this terms. And you can start mangos server with any like script library or with default builtin mangos core script DLL. This will only affect small amount creatures/items and GO (and mostl instances ofc) work.

Can you give me an example of what SD2 can do on its own, or what other project can use SD2?

That's almost like saying, PEAR is not part of PHP, or Rails has nothing to do with Ruby.

When you write a program (PEAR, RAILS, SD2, Plugin) based on a language/lib (PHP, Ruby, Mangos, Browser)

then you are responsible to keep it uptodate not the language developers.

That's why people write: "requires...; compatible with ..."

It's like blaiming the ruby-devs for releasing version 2.0 (example) because your old Rails 2.3 won't work with it.

Still yet to answer my question.

How does SD2 have NOTHING do do with MaNGOS?

If SD2 has NOTHING to do with MaNGOS, than it should/would have some functionality without MaNGOS(or with something other than MaNGOS), which it does not.

It's not impossible to answer my question. The answer is simple, SD2 is (an optional) part of MaNGOS.

Still yet to answer my question.

If SD2 has NOTHING to do with MaNGOS, than it should/would have some functionality without MaNGOS(or with something other than MaNGOS), which it does not.

First of all you did not ask that question before. Ofcourse that is an exageration, not to be taken literally, but then others explained what was really meant by it. The question you asked was answered:
Subhuman answered that by giving you the analogy with browser plugins which usually do not work with other browsers or on their own, but you still cannot call them part of the browser as the browser does not depend on them. This is the same with SD2, it doesn't work without MaNGOS but that does not necessarily mean that it is part of it.
SD2 is (an optional) part of MaNGOS.
We're getting deep into semantics but technicly it isn't. VMaps for example are an optional part of MaNGOS, you can enable/disable them. SD2 is different in the sense that it has a much looser coupling with the core. If you don't use VMaps, you will not have LOS detection, but if you don't use SD2, you could in theory still use another script project, for example your own custom script library, without needing to compile it into the core, and you could still have the same or even more functionality. SD2 is like an addon/plugin to MaNGOS, not a part of it in strict terms, and that is done so intentionally to allow it to be managed separately and developed by people who are more interested in that kind of stuff.

maybe i should have said that "SD2 is not a part of Mangosproject" would that have been clearer?

I meant that if you have a problem with SD2, ask at their forums, not here.

Same as if you had a problem with your Database, or forum, or site etcetc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use